i30 Owners Club

My boot wont lock!

Offline Rebekah Stacy

• 1st Gear

• au Australia
      Perth
2009 Hyundai i30 Hatchback, Petrol 2.0 Manual, Blue.

Hi Everyone,

I'm having this problem where my boot wont lock at all, the button on the key fob does nothing (I have no idea what it's suppose to do anyway  :lol:) and it doesn't have a keyhole to do a manual lock!
There's this feature where central locking activates and locks the car when you hit 40kms p/h, but it's locking and then unlocking again a few times over, thinking it might be trying to activate the boot lock but not getting a signal back or something beyond my knowledge!

Any help is appreciated :)
  • 2009 Hyundai i30 5 door Hatchback Petrol 2.0 Manual

Offline tw2005

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      Ipswich
2009 Hyundai i30 Hatchback, Petrol 2.0 Manual, Blue.

Hi Everyone,

I'm having this problem where my boot wont lock at all, the button on the key fob does nothing (I have no idea what it's suppose to do anyway  :lol:) and it doesn't have a keyhole to do a manual lock!
There's this feature where central locking activates and locks the car when you hit 40kms p/h, but it's locking and then unlocking again a few times over, thinking it might be trying to activate the boot lock but not getting a signal back or something beyond my knowledge!

Any help is appreciated :)
The remote has 3 buttons, i assume you have no owners manual to read but they are, lock, unlock and the boot button would be if you just want to unlock the boot. It works this way. Car is remote locked, all doors including hatch are locked. Hold boot button until indicators illuminate, hatch is then unlocked, open hatch, close hatch and then indicators illuminate confirming car is again secure. Hatch is again locked.

If the car  locks then immediately unlocks, suggests there is a fault, I'm thinking if the hatch is not locking at all then then it may be defective remaining in the unlocked position. The body control module which operates these locks may also recognise it as faulty and then be unlocking all doors .

Best guess at this point. You may have to remove the hatch trim and look closer at what is happening at the hatch lock when  the remote is used,  check the electrical connector too.

• i40 Premium Tourer, FD i30CW SLX CRDi FD i30 CRDi SX , Welly, SANTA CLAUS

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal