i30 Owners Club

i30 comfort 2009 won’t start hot weather

Offline poodlems

• 1st Gear

• gb United Kingdom
Hi there. New to the forum and was wondering if someone might be able to help? Since last year, we have had problems with our car in hot weather. Car starts up fine when we set off in morning, then when we want to return home, and weather is hot, the car attempts to turn over but will not start. Have to be careful not to do this too much or it drains the battery. If we leave the car for a couple of hours, it sometimes will then start up (frustrating when it’s once the RAC have arrived!).

A family member found that if we switched the AC relay and fuel pump relay that this used to start the car, but now this no longer works. He also cleaned all the relays and changed fuses, but problem remains.

Have taken it to dealer, but they run diagnostics which do not show a fault. Mechanic thought crank shaft sensor might be at fault, so we had replaced, but issue was still present.

Frustrating as car runs fine in colder weather (below approx 18 Celsius), and mechanics can not look at it unless it’s got the fault when it’s with them. Tried leaving it with the dealer for a few days last year, but problem did not occur.

Has anyone else had this issue, or could offer any help?
  • Hyundai i30 comfort

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
Welcome, Sorry to hear that. I can't really offer any help on that one but hopefully some of our friendly helpful tech heads may be able to.  :fingers:
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline Shambles

• Admin

• england England
      Manchester, UK
    • i30 Owners Club
Hi there  :wttc:

Are you uptodate with your services?
  • Ioniq MY2018 SE Premium Hybrid in Polar White with added oomph

Offline poodlems

• 1st Gear

• gb United Kingdom
Hi- yes, we get it serviced every year at dealership. Next one due in August. But as I say, had this problem since last year- even before the service and they couldn’t find any faults.
  • Hyundai i30 comfort

Offline eye30

• Global Moderator
  • HOS BOSS

• england England
      Wirral

• Wirral, UK. - 1.4 Petrol Active - Aqua Blue
Has fuel system been checked over?

Thinking fuel pump or filter issue

Petrol or diesel car?

• 1.4 Petrol Active I'm no expert, so please correct me if

Offline poodlems

• 1st Gear

• gb United Kingdom
Believe was checked over during the service, and also after we took it ito them after it broke down. It's a petrol car. Maybe will get an independent mechanic to take a look.
  • Hyundai i30 comfort

Offline eye30

• Global Moderator
  • HOS BOSS

• england England
      Wirral

• Wirral, UK. - 1.4 Petrol Active - Aqua Blue
I recall i had a similar issue in hot weather when i owned my Accent.

It turned out to be the pump with low pressure, can't recall why but probably a faulty seal, not being able to just push fuel at the start up.

When it wouldn't start i recall the car was always parked on an incline facing up.
  • 1.4 Petrol Active I'm no expert, so please correct me if

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal