i30 Owners Club

Another twist in the DPF issue for Australia

Offline ozsnowman

• 5th Gear

• au Australia
      Central Victoria
In this article about the new Kia Soul http://www.drive.com.au/Editorial/ArticleDetail.aspx?ArticleID=61947, it is stated "The diesel engine - not available as a base model - is already sold here in the i30 small car of Kia’s parent Hyundai. However, in the Soul it is fitted with a diesel particulate filter (auto only)." SO, Hyundai, what gives????

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
I wouldn't be surprised if recently delivered i30s have the DPF (would need to see if recent owners have still got sticker on the motor saying no DPF?)

As I mentioned in a recent servicing thread when I bought a diesel oil filter a week or two ago they wanted my rego number because the filter is different for the latest models...

Are we back to square one?  :rolleyes:
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline whitbomb07

• 5th Gear

• au Australia
      Newcastle, Australia
My Oct 08 build has no DPF and a sticker in the engine bay to show this.

I asked my servicing department about it and their opinion was that it was Hyundai Australia's attempt to keep the price down on the car. They said the DPF for the Santa Fe costs around $6k (seems like alot).

Other than that all I can do is shrug.......

Regards

Daniel

Offline Lakes

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      Deep south coast, New South Wales
I wouldn't be surprised if recently delivered i30s have the DPF (would need to see if recent owners have still got sticker on the motor saying no DPF?)

As I mentioned in a recent servicing thread when I bought a diesel oil filter a week or two ago they wanted my rego number because the filter is different for the latest models...

Are we back to square one?  :rolleyes:

Dazz i got an oil filter the other day i just said i30 turbo diesel, they asked no questions got an oil filter eliment i checked same as i have in now, i could not see a change in oil filter meaning they have a DPF as this is just a filter that is in exhast system. i think a DPF would cause fuel economy to drop you would see an increase on the average fuel consumption sticker

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
Pretty busy with the house at the moment but if I get a chance I'll try and find out what the difference in the filters is...
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline MRH130

• 4th Gear

• au Australia
      Canberra

• Was Crystal the i30 SR, now Courtney the Getz-tacy
I might be behind the 8 ball on this one, and I haven't been privy to a lot of internal Hyundai stuff since October last year, but certainly at release the situation was that autos came with DPF and manuals did not.

Sorry if that question has already been covered in another thread.  :D

Offline MRH130

• 4th Gear

• au Australia
      Canberra

• Was Crystal the i30 SR, now Courtney the Getz-tacy
I might be behind the 8 ball on this one, and I haven't been privy to a lot of internal Hyundai stuff since October last year, but certainly at release the situation was that autos came with DPF and manuals did not.

Sorry if that question has already been covered in another thread.  :D

Oh, and at that time they both had the same oil filter.  :D

Offline whitbomb07

• 5th Gear

• au Australia
      Newcastle, Australia
I don't think the type of oil filter used is affected, but the actual oil used is what varies.

I'm sure it says something in the manual about making sure the right oil is used depending on whether the vehicle is fitted with a DPF or not.

Regards

Daniel

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal