i30 Owners Club

Gearbox suggestion for a 2010 i30 manual around 450hp

Offline gjannucci

• 1st Gear

• br Brazil
      Sao Paulo, Brazil
I need some enlightenment about what to do with my gearbox.
I'm planning to get around 450hp on a 2.0 petrol 2010, but i know the gearbox has its limits, is there anyone here using another gearbox or even a forged i30 gearbox? it's pretty difficult to find a gearbox that fits the car, and if I don't a find a solution to that problem, unfortunately i won't be able to get that much horsepower, and it will stay around 280hp.

Please help me oh good people from this forum :blubber:
  • Hyundai I30 2.0 Petrol (Manual)

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA
Unless you know someone that can make you the gearbox internals from billet steel I'd say your out of luck, a box out of a diesel could likely handle it but the ratios would be completely wrong and then you have the problem of torque steer issues and the front chassis rails would likely be torn away as the vehicle isn't meant for that much power.

There is only one company I can think of that might be able to give you a definite answer but they're not cheap :link: BTR inc.

Offline gjannucci

• 1st Gear

• br Brazil
      Sao Paulo, Brazil
Thanks for the advices! I'll try to contact this company for further questions, but the real problem is... even if they have the answer/product that fits my necessities, I'm at the other side of the globe, pretty far from them, and like a million import taxes away :(

anyway thanks again...
  • Hyundai I30 2.0 Petrol (Manual)

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA
Thanks for the advices! I'll try to contact this company for further questions, but the real problem is... even if they have the answer/product that fits my necessities, I'm at the other side of the globe, pretty far from them, and like a million import taxes away :(

anyway thanks again...
If they have something it might still be cheaper than trying to get someone to reproduce parts for you, I had a custom made 5sp gearbox made for my Mini and that was $7000.

Offline Doggie 1

• V.I.P
  • Doggie Connoisseur

• au Australia
      Perth

• 2019 PD2 Go Petrol, Manual. 30,000 kms.

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA
Would Tremec or Getrag have anything @CraigB ?
Not known them to have any Hyundai components before, no harm in contacting them though but I think unlikely :undecided:

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA
Just searched both their websites :link: GETRAG | GETRAG   http://www.tremec.com/ and there is nothing mentioned in the way of Hyundai components, if they were able to produce something I think would have to be from scratch and would probably cost more than your house :faint:

Offline Doggie 1

• V.I.P
  • Doggie Connoisseur

• au Australia
      Perth

• 2019 PD2 Go Petrol, Manual. 30,000 kms.

Offline cruiserfied

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      Grafton, NSW

• Crooked-H Hero
Go have a search around on the Tiburon/Tuscani forum.
Those boys have been boosting the crap outta the beta2 for years and would have gone through all this before.
  • 2018 I30-SR. 2002 Tiburon. 2000 Wrangler.

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA
Go have a search around on the Tiburon/Tuscani forum.
Those boys have been boosting the crap outta the beta2 for years and would have gone through all this before.
Good idea Tim :goodjob:

Offline wh0-z3

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      South Australia
Hey, necrod another post but, is there a breakdown post of what you've done to get to that much hp? (i did check your posts but none to be seen on it) at least where you started please feel free to message me, I also have a G4GC (FD i30 (aus).) and would love to know what to do next. Love your car!
Ty!
  • i30 2009 SR 2.0L Petrol - Highflow - TB Spacer

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA
Hey, necrod another post but, is there a breakdown post of what you've done to get to that much hp? (i did check your posts but none to be seen on it) at least where you started please feel free to message me, I also have a G4GC (FD i30 (aus).) and would love to know what to do next. Love your car!
Ty!
A big arse turbo and a shed load of engine work $$$ might get you there, like I mentioned earlier the car isn't built to handle that sort of power without spending crazy amounts of money on everything from chassis to brakes - gearbox - engine -ecu.

But by all means try your best :)

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal