i30 Owners Club

Parts covered under warranty?

Offline Bubbacpt

• 2nd Gear

• scotland Scotland
      West Lothian

• i30 1.6 CRDi SE NAV
I've mentioned on a previous post that I'm getting a noise at biting point from clutch when pulling off in 1st gear only and I'm thinking its possibly a clutch release bearing. I've read stories online of dealers refusing to change this part under warranty as it's wear and tear and various other cock and bull stories. Where do I stand here if this is the problem with the car, it will be 2 years old on 7th July and has 30,500 miles on the clock. The service book states that the clutch disk is covered for 24 months or 60,000 miles* excludes wear and tear. The car belonged to a car hire company before I bought it with 13,000 mile on clock, I don't think that should affect the warranty though.
  • Hyundai i30 1.6 CRDi SE NAV 6 speed manual

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
It is a bit of a grey area unfortunately, due to age of vehicle and previous ownership. You might have to try several different dealers and even Hyundai direct to get the answer you want.
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline ibrokeit

• V.I.P
  • Author of War & Peace

• au Australia
      Brisbane
 :whsaid:

The warranty changes a little if vehicle has been used from commercial purposes or private hire - :link: Hyundai |5 Year Car Warranty |Hyundai UK

But it seems some people have got the 'private' warranty - even though the previous owner use meant it shouldn't... I am assuming maybe they were got through authorised dealers who did inspections or whatever.
  • 2019 i30 N-Line Premium (previously 2010 i30cw SLX (Auto) Petrol 2.0L)

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal