i30 Owners Club

2014 i30 starting issues after service

Offline DemmiWright

• 1st Gear

• au Australia
      Queensland
Hi!

Sorry if the subject has already been touch on - I just couldn't find it anywhere  :(

I have a 2014 i30 trophy 1.6lt CRDI that is having starting uses after being serviced. It currently has less then 20'000km so still in relatively brand new condition.

It had been serviced at the end of September 2015. Straight after this service the car would not start properly

It cranks over for a while (I ALWAYS glow it first) coughs and splatters and stalls a couple of times before it starts running properly. Once fully warmed up it drives normally again and there is not problem starting it when warm either.

The first time it went in to have the issue addressed (straight after the service) they said there was a recall on my injectors and that the computer just needed to be reset?

Anyways, that didn't fix the problem. It then spend over a month in the shop - finally having the injectors replace (after they tried every excuse not to, including trying to tell me I had put the wrong fuel in it !!) I was then told that there was some fault injectors Hyundai was aware of, however, all others has been fixed when reprogrammed.

Since then, it has always taken longer to start but never a major issue.

2 Days ago I've taken it back in for a service. yesterday morning the issue started again!!

Has any one else experienced anything like this? would love some feedback from other on how they dealt with it and what might be the problem!

Thanks
« Last Edit: May 19, 2016, 05:56:27 by DemmiWright »
  • 2014 130 Trophy 1.6lt CRDI

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
 :welcumwagon: Demmi,

Not a common occurrence fortunately, but that doesn't help you. Wondering if something hasn't been reconnected correctly after the service. Sounds to me like there was never a problem with the injectors (probably something far simpler) but hard to diagnose by remote control.

Hopefully someone more technical can help.  :undecided:
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline DemmiWright

• 1st Gear

• au Australia
      Queensland
Thanks for your reply Dazzler, you were right!

They have just gotten back to me, informing me that they believe a seal was pinched when changing the fuel filter, and that they have to replace the fuel pump and filter housing or something along those lines!

Now lets hope this is the last time!

Thanks again
  • 2014 130 Trophy 1.6lt CRDI

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
No problem :happydance:
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal