i30 Owners Club

i30 SR GD2 Manual

Offline moffdogau

• 1st Gear

• au Australia
      Sydney, NSW
Forgot to add, new to the forum :D *waves*

Been looking for a while to see what kind of tuning or upgrades that can be done to this engine (2.0ltr NU).
Its a fun car and the engine is quite willing, however I would love to get a little bit more out of it.

Aside from a air intake upgrade, anyone know of any tuning that can be done? I am ignorant to this stuff..

Thanks for any advice
  • i30 SR GD2

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
:welcum: "moff" Would be a nice car! Do you have the red highlights on the interior  (subtle hint for some linked photos )

Believe you may be able to get turbos etc for this motor from overseas at considerable cost. You wouljd open a can of worms though with upgrading brakes, clutch and other running gear to cope with the extra grunt. Also makes warranty and insurance complicated.

You will get more info from those more mod friendly than me... Being middle-aged I stick to styling mods...
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA
 :wttc:  moffdogau

I'm not sure about the 2ltr options in Australia (they're popular in the US), you would need to contact a local performance tuning company, though if you're only doing the intake then an ECU mod might not be worth it unless you were going to first do a new exhaust system and that's if it's possible to get headers for the 2ltr :undecided: you'll get a little extra just by doing a cat back exhaust system with intake kit though.

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal