i30 Owners Club

MPG to l/km how to change?

Raf · 5 · 2681

Offline Raf

• 1st Gear

• ie Ireland, Republic of
      DUBLIN
Hi just bought 2013 I30 odometer is set in miles I'm ok with that but fule  consumption  is in miles per gallon which I would like to change. Any one knows how to change it?
Thanks
  • I30 1.6 diesel

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
Welcome Raf, I doubt you can change it. There are easy formulas on google to convert it. I think if you type mpg into Google it will convert for you too. Some member use a website called "fuelly" which allows you to even embed your economy results on forums like this in any format you like...
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline eye30

• Global Moderator
  • HOS BOSS

• england England
      Wirral

• Wirral, UK. - 1.4 Petrol Active - Aqua Blue
Think it can only be done at a dealers who need to plug the car into the hy gizmo they have on site

Ps
My unit has kph in small writting below the larger mph figures.

Does yours have them?
  • 1.4 Petrol Active I'm no expert, so please correct me if

Offline AlanHo

• Global Moderator
  • Geriatric Teenager

• england England
      Solihull, UK

• 2021 KIA Niro 3 1.6 Petrol Hybrid
I thought you could go into "Settings" and change the units from miles to kilometres and degrees C to degrees F etc or vice versa. But its 3 years since I owned an i30 so I have no way of checking.

I can do it on my KIA and on the SEAT Ibiza I hired in Lanzarote a couple of weeks ago.

My understanding is that from 2005 onwards cars imported into Ireland had to have the speedometer and odometer set to kilometres.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2017, 23:36:23 by AlanHo »
  • 2021 KIA Niro3 1.6 petrol Hybrid

Offline eye30

• Global Moderator
  • HOS BOSS

• england England
      Wirral

• Wirral, UK. - 1.4 Petrol Active - Aqua Blue
I thought you could go into "Settings" and change the units from miles to kilometres and degrees C to degrees F etc or vice versa. But its 3 years since I owned an i30 so I have no way of checking.

I can do it on my KIA and on the SEAT Ibiza I hired in Lanzarote a couple of weeks ago.

My understanding is that from 2005 onwards cars imported into Ireland had to have the speedometer and odometer set to kilometres.

Does not say where bought.
Depends if unit from car in northern ireland or via internet purchase from mainland
  • 1.4 Petrol Active I'm no expert, so please correct me if

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal