i30 Owners Club

Picked up my 2017 PD

bowski · 16 · 4208

Offline bowski

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      QLD - Brisbane
Picked up my PD SR Premium Yesterday, great car. Love it.
  • i30 2017 SR Premium

Offline bowski

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      QLD - Brisbane
Hi There.
Anyone know whether hyundai dealers  are or will be offering 10 year free life time map updates  for GPS in the new i30.

Not 100% sure whether I have this correct in my mind. So please do correct me if I'm wrong.

Thanks

I was told I get this, but using apple car play for maps.
  • i30 2017 SR Premium

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA
Hi There.
Anyone know whether hyundai dealers  are or will be offering 10 year free life time map updates  for GPS in the new i30.

Not 100% sure whether I have this correct in my mind. So please do correct me if I'm wrong.

Thanks

So the new policy is 10 years of free map updates?

Offline bowski

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      QLD - Brisbane
guess so... i didnt really ask more questions.

to be fair, the dealers dont know much about the car as it's very new. I was told I was the first to get one.
  • i30 2017 SR Premium

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
Picked up my PD SR Premium Yesterday, great car. Love it.

:brilliant: Congratulations, look forward to a bit more detail and some photos (hosted via Imgur or similar) once you get to know her a bit better...  :goodjob:
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline cruiserfied

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      Grafton, NSW

• Crooked-H Hero
Hi There.

Thanks

10 years free map upgrades with no obligation to service at a dealer.
Also worth noting units are now covered by 5yr Warranty not 3yr as it used to be.
  • 2018 I30-SR. 2002 Tiburon. 2000 Wrangler.

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA
Also worth noting units are now covered by 5yr Warranty not 3yr as it used to be.
That's certainly a change for the better :goodjob:

Offline cruiserfied

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      Grafton, NSW

• Crooked-H Hero
That's certainly a change for the better :goodjob:

That's Hyundai, always better.
  • 2018 I30-SR. 2002 Tiburon. 2000 Wrangler.

Offline Zag

• 1st Gear

• au Australia
      QLD
I got told a hyundai dealer has to update the SD card, there's 4 free map updates a year, that's on the hyundai website. I guess you just ring up the dealer and get them to put the map files on the SD card and done as there's only 1 car service required a year. I asked about updating the maps but didn't get told how the 4 updates a year work just on the service.

You get 5 years of free updates via hyundai for 5 years then the next 5 years is free also but comes from the dealer.this is on the hyundai website.

Bit like the capped services only applies for 1 year but hyundai extend the capped service price by 1 year up to 7 years, only if you use a hyundai dealer. everthing has to be stamped by hyundai dealer though, once you don't use a dealer the capped service price is revoked. The dealer takes over at the 5 year mark, I guess hyundai figure the car will probably be traded in around the 5 year mark as a sales person told me people and fleet's uparade around the 5th or 6th yesr.

Also on hyundai website and books with the car. (In the books I got)

Roadside assistance follows the above as well as it ties in with the car require the dealer service lass for the 7 years i thint as well.

Hyundai Service cap price is cheap to me

Subaru is $500 a go and  the warranty is locked with only servicing at subaru dealers go elsewhere for a service or mod the car and Subaru void the warranty even if it was 1 day after picking up the car from a dealer.

Hyundai still warranty the car just won't be the cheaper servicing price, if you service elsewhere.
  • 2017 i30 Active 6M

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

Welcome Zag and congrats on the new PD. If you have a compatible iphone or Android Phone, Carplay or Android Auto "Google" maps are more up to date than the built in GPS. I think I will just get my updates at service time. In my case I will have services minimum 2 times a year (10,000km services for my 1.6 Turbo version)

We got a new roundabout at the end of our road about 3 years ago and yet neither my previous car's GPS or this new one acknowledges it, but Google maps had it covered.  :goodjob2:

I thought Hyundai offered "lifetime" servicing on all their current models now? I will most likely get all my services done on this car while it is under warranty. I will most likely have updated it before the warranty runs out.

Offline Lakes

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      Deep south coast, New South Wales
Welcome Zag and congrats on the new PD. If you have a compatible iphone or Android Phone, Carplay or Android Auto "Google" maps are more up to date than the built in GPS. I think I will just get my updates at service time. In my case I will have services minimum 2 times a year (10,000km services for my 1.6 Turbo version)

We got a new roundabout at the end of our road about 3 years ago and yet neither my previous car's GPS or this new one acknowledges it, but Google maps had it covered.  :goodjob2:

I thought Hyundai offered "lifetime" servicing on all their current models now? I will most likely get all my services done on this car while it is under warranty. I will most likely have updated it before the warranty runs out.

I think google follow you dazz. I don't trust them, I still like a street directory, when you buy a new one you just open it up check if it has updates on old one if not you just leave it. gps claim lifetime updates but they think in three years you will buy a new one. that's all American , us Aussies don't like bs, cheers

Offline Surferdude

• Global Moderator
  • Tyre Guru

• au Australia
      Caloundra, Queensland.
My TomTom is 5 years old and still updating for free.
  • 2020 Kona formerly 2009 i30 Hatch 5sp Manual.

Offline The Gonz

• Admin
  • Afghanistan Vet

• au Australia
      Adelaide

• Callsign GUNZ
My TomTom is 5 years old and still updating for free.
Same for my Navman. :goodjob:
  • Frugal Firty: FDSLXCRDi5spHyperSilverBodyKit+Mods & MrsG'sPDSRPrem

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

And my Garmin...

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

I think google follow you dazz. I don't trust them, I still like a street directory, when you buy a new one you just open it up check if it has updates on old one if not you just leave it. gps claim lifetime updates but they think in three years you will buy a new one. that's all American , us Aussies don't like bs, cheers
Everyone follows me John! :D (only joking)

I know what you mean mate. Problem is the PD (Parkinson's - not my new i30) makes  me a tad confused at times with things like directions, so no point looking at a map before a journey to somewhere unfamiliar. I would forget by the time I got there. So on my mainland trips a good GPS or Google maps is now essential. 

Offline beerman

• V.I.P

• au Australia

Subaru is $500 a go and  the warranty is locked with only servicing at subaru dealers go elsewhere for a service or mod the car and Subaru void the warranty even if it was 1 day after picking up the car from a dealer.

Hyundai still warranty the car just won't be the cheaper servicing price, if you service elsewhere.

If you were told this by a dealer they were telling you porky pies, and if the good people at the ACCC were to hear of such a thing they would come down on the dealer like a ton of bricks.
  • A woman drove me to drink and I didn't even have the decency to thank her..

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal