Android Auto / Apple Carplay

Dazzler · 44 · 13422

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
I have taped my spare USB to micro usb cord up in a loop so it is nice and short for the car. Works pretty well..

No freezing here so far but had sound mute for some reason and didn't read out my first text message received while driving with android auto active. I must have some settings wrong??
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline Shambles

• Admin
  • Retyred @ Last

• england England
      Manchester, UK
    • i30 Owners Club
For the very short time I had Android Auto on my phone, in the car, I noticed it was auto-replying to text messages (default setting) saying "Sorry, I'm driving right now" when the car was in motion.

I soon got rid of the app as it was taking over my whole phone.
  • Ioniq MY2018 SE Premium Hybrid in Polar White with added oomph

Offline NayuluTjuta

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Murraylands, SA

• Alias OURI30
For the very short time I had Android Auto on my phone, in the car, I noticed it was auto-replying to text messages (default setting) saying "Sorry, I'm driving right now" when the car was in motion.

I soon got rid of the app as it was taking over my whole phone.

I have heard that IOS 11 will have a range of 'Do Not Disturb' features for driving.  I assume it will be active even without CarPlay connected.  Phone calls will not ring unless the caller tries repeatedly to call.  While the defaults will be set at the highest level to prevent unsafe mobile phone use while on the road, they are customisable.

Also came across some info that says if jail break your iPhone and install a non iTunes app, non CarPlay apps can be set up for use in CarPlay.

Bob
  • i30 PD SR Premium

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

Bump!

I just got used to Android Auto and it has stopped linking to my car. Seems to have happened about the same time as they fixed my Blind Spot Monitoring error (which has not returned)  :Touch:

I've tried a couple of different cables. Reinstalled Android Auto on my phone and checked various settings but whereas it used to automatically pair and appear on the cars's screen, now it just pairs up via bluetooth and android auto starts up on my phone but not mirrored on the car screen. So I can't do voice commands except on my phone not via steering buttons etc...

Will do some googling for help unless someone knows the answer.

Offline elantraelite

• 5th Gear

• au Australia
      Melbourne, Victoria
Not sure of the fix for this Dazz.

We got our SR Premium on the weekend and randomly the sound stopped coming through the front speakers until I reset the headunit.

I have a suspision this headunit has quite a few software glitches

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

• 05 Hyundai Elantra Elite 5spd 2.0 Petrol, Black Sedan

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

We got our SR Premium on the weekend and randomly the sound stopped coming through the front speakers until I reset the headunit.

Hi Dean. I haven't had any glitches as such in over three months, but just out of interest, how do you reset the head unit. That might be what I need to do so it will marry up again with my phone. Is it an option in the menus?

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA
Disconnecting the battery should reset the stereo :undecided: worked on mine.

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

Disconnecting the battery should reset the stereo :undecided: worked on mine.

Cheers Craig. You don't get much sleep! Only thing is that would reset everything I'm guessing. I'll try the menu first.  When I'm properly awake.

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA
Cheers Craig. You don't get much sleep! Only thing is that would reset everything I'm guessing. I'll try the menu first.  When I'm properly awake.
Yeah it would reset the whole lot unfortunately.

The council were busy with their chainsaws on the trees out the back early this morning so I had a mid-day kip to make up for the earlier lost sleep and now I'm still wide awake after watching movies on the laptop in bed with my flash headphones :) got a busy day ahead of me so I might need some of that fortified wine we picked up to knock me out :D

Offline elantraelite

• 5th Gear

• au Australia
      Melbourne, Victoria

Hi Dean. I haven't had any glitches as such in over three months, but just out of interest, how do you reset the head unit. That might be what I need to do so it will marry up again with my phone. Is it an option in the menus?
All I did was hold the volume knob in for a few seconds. The unit turns off, when it turned it back on again the sound in the front started working again.

• 05 Hyundai Elantra Elite 5spd 2.0 Petrol, Black Sedan

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

All I did was hold the volume knob in for a few seconds. The unit turns off, when it turned it back on again the sound in the front started working again.

Cheers, I'll try that and if that doesn't help I might disconnect the battery, but I suppose I should do some googling 1st as I suspect it is an Android software issue.

Offline Jeff70

• 2nd Gear

• Launceston
Hey Dazz,
Nice discussion.I use a USB Thumb Stick for Music (64Gb plenty) and if I want to listen to Podcasts I switch over to Bluetooth through the phone.
  • i30 SR 2017

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

Hey Dazz,
Nice discussion.I use a USB Thumb Stick for Music (64Gb plenty) and if I want to listen to Podcasts I switch over to Bluetooth through the phone.

Yep, thumb drive works well. That's what I used before I switched to Android Auto. I'm using Bluetooth music via my phone while getting Android Auto sorted again. :goodjob:

I'll be in Lonny a couple of times in the next two weeks so I'll PM you before hand in case you are available for a cuppa.  :victory:

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

As I suspected more the phone software than the car I think. Had trouble getting it to talk to my computer to transfer photos then suddenly it wanted to download some drivers to the laptop. Now it's working with PC and car via Android Auto again.  :crazy1: :victory:

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal