i30 Owners Club

Our short trip to Italy

Asterix · 5 · 14332

Offline Asterix

• V.I.P
  • i40 CRDi 100kW 2013

• dk Denmark
      Sdr. Omme - DK
This year I've arranged to get 4 weeks vacation as I needed to change the roof on my house. After 2 weeks and ca 80% of the roof done the rain started and wouldn't stop. The forecast said rain the next 5 days on...  :undecided:

As it's impossible to walk around on the roof when wet, we decided after a 5 min brainstorm, to pack the caravan and drive South untill some summer weather accoured. It turned out to be a longer trip than expected. Normally it's fine weather in Mid or South Germany, but not this time. The weather in Germany was just as bad as home, 16-20ºC and most days rain, so we headed further South. We ended up at lake Garda in Italy before there was some summer..  :cool:

It's a 2 day trip to Italy. As we neede to get back and finish the roof, we only stayd for 6 days and then headed back to DK... 3500 km and the i30 had an avarage of 11,5 km/l towing the 1400 kg...  :razz:

Our stopover in South Germany just North of Nürnberg. Sunny yes, but the next day the rain was back..

We stayed at a campsite in the South end of the lake in Peschiera. This is the campsites beach at the lake.

This is from a trip we did to the North end of the lake, Limone. A small town where my Wife was with her parents 35 years ago. Lake Garda is a very popular area. The trip to Limone is only about 75 km, but it took us 2,5 hours to get there due to the traffic jams... :confused:

Can't visit Italy without tasting their delicious ice..  :mrgreen:

• i40 CRDi 100 kW 2013

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA

Offline eye30

• Global Moderator
  • HOS BOSS

• england England
      Wirral

• Wirral, UK. - 1.4 Petrol Active - Aqua Blue
Like the pictures of the knickerbocker glory as we call it here in uk

• 1.4 Petrol Active I'm no expert, so please correct me if

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
Thanks for sharing Henning! Good on you!  :hatoff: :victory:
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline John B

• V.I.P
  • John B /aka Sloop

• au Australia
      Gold Coast Qld
Thanks Henning. Good photos, always enjoy seeing other parts of the world. :goodjob2:
  • Toyota Kluger KXR AWD

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal