A nice shiny PD SR with a coat of Jetseal 109

Dazzler · 16 · 4544

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
Thought I better take some photos for the gallery before she gets dirty again. Came up a treat with a good wash and a coat of Chemguys Jetseal 109. :link: Auto Detailing Resin Paint Sealant/Protectant JetSeal 109

• 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA
Looks great Dazz, she's got some sparkle :goodjob:

I might have to check out this jet seal stuff  :)

Offline AlanHo

• Global Moderator
  • Geriatric Teenager

• england England
      Solihull, UK

• 2021 KIA Niro 3 1.6 Petrol Hybrid
Nice job Dazz on a good looking car. As you know, my car is white and no amount of polishing is going to be as impressive as a coloured car - especially dark colours.

I have used Jetseal for a few years - it's as good as it gets and really easy to apply.

I do the car twice a year - with a thorough claying first.

I find it best to do it on a warm (not hot) dry day. If you apply it in full sun - even in the UK - it is more difficult to polish off.
  • 2021 KIA Niro3 1.6 petrol Hybrid

Offline chris_i30gd

• 3rd Gear

• gr Greece
      Greece
Nice car. I respect hyundai's reputation as is a car that has less faults than most of the other car brands.

Can  you compare  the new i30pd  suspension and noise insulation with the previous i30 gd?
  • hyundai i30 1.4 crdi 2013

Offline Crustycottage

• 4th Gear

• au Australia
      Australia, Perth
Looks fab Dazz. It makes u feel all warm and fluffy after a wash & polish. My I30 SR needs a clean and attracts a lot of dust sat in car port over a week away at a minesite. My hire car was last year 2016 i30 auto, just can't get away from them  :crazy1:
  • 2017 PD SR 5 Door Hatch, Petrol 1.6lt Auto, Blue

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

Nice car. I respect Hyundai's reputation as is a car that has less faults than most of the other car brands.

Can  you compare  the new i30pd  suspension and noise insulation with the previous i30 gd?

The i30 suspension settings have always been relatively good for the class of car. Comparing my SR with 18" wheels with the Wife's 2014 Tourer with 16" wheels I prefer the Tourer's ride (slightly) - less jiggly over rough surfaces.  The SR does have sensational handling for the class of car though, so overall I will still rate the PD suspension as a very good compromise between, ride and handling.

With regard to noise suppression it is a similar situation. The bigger, wider tyres on the SR generate a bit too much road noise on some of our coarse bitumen (disappointing) The PD seems to have less Wind and Engine noise (unless you are giving the SR a bit of stick)  :evil: but does seem similar or even a bit noisier on some road surfaces. The Hankook tyres probably don't help even though the particular version on the SR get pretty good ratings in other areas.

Looks fab Dazz. It makes u feel all warm and fluffy after a wash & polish. My I30 SR needs a clean and attracts a lot of dust sat in car port over a week away at a minesite. My hire car was last year 2016 i30 auto, just can't get away from them  :crazy1:

@Crustycottage  Thanks Scott, yes, they are a dust magnet at the best of times. You are in probably a better position than me to compare your PD with a newish GD rental...

Offline Crustycottage

• 4th Gear

• au Australia
      Australia, Perth
@Crustycottage  Thanks Scott, yes, they are a dust magnet at the best of times. You are in probably a better position than me to comare your PD with a newish GD rental...
To be honest Dazzler not sure which i30 model it was apart from being a white one  :rofl: with steel wheels & automatic box. handling not quite as sharp as PD, with back end not so well planted to road.
i was driving along a 110kmh windy forest road to Hill Billy Hell. Didn't notice any difference in wind or tyre noise as the GD sound system was cranked up loud (much better with pop, rock equalizer settings), i felt that GD had a sub in the back but didn't really look.  :happydance:
Overall the GD was an accomplished car, economical, and did a lot right. Negative a lot of cheap plastics in dash & doors
  • 2017 PD SR 5 Door Hatch, Petrol 1.6lt Auto, Blue

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

Cheers Scott. Yeah, loud stereo tends to help with road noise...

Offline Glacius

• V.I.P

• no Norway
      Troms
omg that car looks so nice Dazz!! I really want one on blue or white, but this car is SO expensive here =/  i have to give like  50- 53.000 $ AUD to get the full spec one ... But I am thinkin of waiting a bit longer and get the N edition if I get a house I can build it into the loan =D
Grats again looks so good!

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

omg that car looks so nice Dazz!! I really want one on blue or white, but this car is SO expensive here =/  i have to give like  50- 53.000 $ AUD to get the full spec one ... But I am thinkin of waiting a bit longer and get the N edition if I get a house I can build it into the loan =D
Grats again looks so good!

Thanks Glac! I wasn't overly impressed with the styling when it was first released, but it looks better in the flesh.

For example, Trish doesn't really like the front but I was parked next to an Audi A3 the other day and despite the price difference in favour of the Audi, I know which one looked more classy and stylish.  :happydance:

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA
I was looking through Supercheap and Autobarn today for some of that Jet Seal and noticed Meguiars have a new product out :link: Meguiar?s Ultimate Fast Finish ? Meguiar's Australia that appears to be similar to Jet Seal so I bought some to test out, now just need a couple of good days so I can wash - clay bar - wax - fast finish :)
« Last Edit: October 01, 2017, 17:31:16 by CraigB »

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

Nice find Craig! I think Jetseal is only available from the Chemguys website. I'm sure that stuff would be just as good being Meguairs :victory:

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA
Hopefully it’s as good :Good_luck: I hadn’t noticed Jetseal in either store before but thought I’d double check as we were there anyway picking up a new battery for Kamini’s car, if the Meguiars stuff doesn’t do the job Chemguys is only 5 mins away in Canningvale :)

Offline MIY

• 2nd Gear

• ro Romania
      Pitesti

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

Looks damn tasty!

Thanks! Seems to stay cleaner and easier to wash when they have a good coat of Wax or Sealer on them!  :victory:

Offline MIY

• 2nd Gear

• ro Romania
      Pitesti

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal