i30 Owners Club

Help! I left my car unlocked and I’m away with the keys!!

Liz · 12 · 4068

Offline Liz

• 1st Gear
Hi,

I’ve left my i30 2013 model blocked and I’m a an with the keys. Is there anyway I can get someone to lock it for me? How? There is no lock on each door, just the lock button on the console - but the keys need to be in the ignition to use it. What can I do? Thanks Liz
  • I30

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
Hi,

I’ve left my i30 2013 model blocked and I’m a an with the keys. Is there anyway I can get someone to lock it for me? How? There is no lock on each door, just the lock button on the console - but the keys need to be in the ignition to use it. What can I do? Thanks Liz

:welcumwagon: Liz, They have made the i30 a very secure car (one of the hardest to break into) but unfortunately I think it may be impossible to lock the GD (like yours) or PD series models without a key. We have one of each and I just had a quick play. Somebody might prove me wrong though. Our GD is a euro built wagon, not sure if the Korean built hatch is the same in that regard.  :cool:
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline beerman

• V.I.P

• au Australia
I thought they locked automatically after a period of time?
  • A woman drove me to drink and I didn't even have the decency to thank her..

Offline Surferdude

• Global Moderator
  • Tyre Guru

• au Australia
      Caloundra, Queensland.
I thought they locked automatically after a period of time?
Only if you unlock it with the key but don't open a door.
  • 2020 Kona formerly 2009 i30 Hatch 5sp Manual.

Offline The Gonz

• Admin
  • Afghanistan Vet

• au Australia
      Adelaide

• Callsign GUNZ
Anyone should be able to open the door, use the ALL DOORS LOCK, and then close it, surely. :crazy1:
  • Frugal Firty: FDSLXCRDi5spHyperSilverBodyKit+Mods & MrsG'sPDSRPrem

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

Anyone should be able to open the door, use the ALL DOORS LOCK, and then close it, surely. :crazy1:

The all doors lock on the PD won't engage if a door is open Gonz (assume the GD is the same. If Liz can find someone who is prepared to sit locked inside the vehicle until she gets home she will be ok.  :whistler:

Offline The Gonz

• Admin
  • Afghanistan Vet

• au Australia
      Adelaide

• Callsign GUNZ
Remember our older cars? We used to be able to lock while holding open the door latch, then close and release. Might that work on the PD? :confused:
  • Frugal Firty: FDSLXCRDi5spHyperSilverBodyKit+Mods & MrsG'sPDSRPrem

Offline Asterix

• V.I.P
  • i40 CRDi 100kW 2013

• dk Denmark
      Sdr. Omme - DK
I found a lot of cars can't lock with remote if drivers door is open, but it's often possible to have the passenger door open, then lock car on remote and then close passenger door. Can anyone with a PD try that..?
  • i40 CRDi 100 kW 2013

Offline eye30

• Global Moderator
  • HOS BOSS

• england England
      Wirral

• Wirral, UK. - 1.4 Petrol Active - Aqua Blue
Where is the car?

• 1.4 Petrol Active I'm no expert, so please correct me if

Offline Lakes

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      Deep south coast, New South Wales

Offline Hati

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      Perth WA
I found a lot of cars can't lock with remote if drivers door is open, but it's often possible to have the passenger door open, then lock car on remote and then close passenger door. Can anyone with a PD try that..?

The PD Elite will not lock the doors from the button on the door handle or the key if anything but the tail gate is open. To have the said button work, you need the key to be present as we know...
  • 2017 i30 Elite PD

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

The PD Elite will not lock the doors from the button on the door handle or the key if anything but the tail gate is open. To have the said button work, you need the key to be present as we know...

I made a point of leaving my key upstairs and the locks made a noise when I pressed the button on the dash with my drivers door open.

It's probably a bit late for @Liz now, but if you get someone to leave the hatch open fold down the back seats to allow reasonably easy exit. Try and lock the car with all the doors closed but the hatch open, then climb out the back and shut the hatch, that might work!  :happydance:

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal