i30 Owners Club

Member update

Offline edagrade

• 3rd Gear

• nz New Zealand
      Canterbury
Hi all,
Been a fair while since being active on here. Activity has been very full on with work & life in general.
My SR Premium is awesome - just love it... So much so that today I took it to Port Kembla to be shipped to NZ where it will resume life with me in my home country hereafter.
After shipping, the car is worth way more there than in Oz - its a no brainer to take it with me.

Getting my i30 serviced involved a minor matter where the dealership managed to be careless enough to scratch the car. This enabled me to take a midspec Kona for a day while they sorted the damage - I have to say I was very impressed with the Kona - wow was it refined & well sorted!

This last year my work has caused me to do lots of kms in several Commodore SV6s, a Kluger, a RAV4 in NZ & a Koleos (YUK!) in Tasmania. My company car for local work travelled 15,000km since June including a 3 day 2,600km trip from Echuca Vic to Sydney via Brisbane last month.
With all that exposure to other cars & lots of Km I seriously believe Hyundai really are a magic product. I just love the way everything just works well - The Commodores felt 'worn out & tired' at 45,000km compared to anything else. The Koleos was cheap & trashy with features that were quirky & ineffective. The RAV4 was very good as is the Cerato.
I love the i30 best because the features actually work really well - they aren't just there to tick a box to help sell the car - they work so good !

I'm looking forward to opportunities to be thrilled on NZ roads with my awesome SR Premium!
Hope to visit this forum more often time permitting.
  • 2015 GD 5 Door Hatch, Petrol 2.0L GDI, Auto, SR Premium, Creamy White

Offline The Gonz

• Admin
  • Afghanistan Vet

• au Australia
      Adelaide

• Callsign GUNZ
 :welcomeback: mate. Thanks for the appraisal. Looking forward to future posts. :D
  • Frugal Firty: FDSLXCRDi5spHyperSilverBodyKit+Mods & MrsG'sPDSRPrem

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
Good to hear and best wishes for your move.  :victory:
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal