i30 Owners Club

Total DPF failure

Offline Bubbacpt

• 2nd Gear

• scotland Scotland
      West Lothian

• i30 1.6 CRDi SE NAV
Just wondering if anyone has actually had to replace their DPF filter yet on their Hyundai, particularly the i30 1.6 crdi engine. I’ve had no issues yet but with 53,000 miles on clock I’m aware I could start getting trouble soon, thanks.
  • Hyundai i30 1.6 CRDi SE NAV 6 speed manual

Offline The Gonz

• Admin
  • Afghanistan Vet

• au Australia
      Adelaide

• Callsign GUNZ
Not that I've heard but it has been established that replacement is no cure. If DPF function is occurring properly, it shouldn't need replacing. If it isn't, it will continue to fail after replacement.
  • Frugal Firty: FDSLXCRDi5spHyperSilverBodyKit+Mods & MrsG'sPDSRPrem

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
Total DPF failure in an i30 is relatively rare going by the feedback we have received on this site over the last 10 years. If you do regular motorway drives of 30 minutes or more I wouldn't expect you to need a replacement during the useful life of the car. That is purely my opinion though and I have been known to be wrong (once)  :winker:
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline mickd

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      Tura Beach ( Deep Deep South Coast) NSW
Just wondering if anyone has actually had to replace their DPF filter yet on their Hyundai, particularly the i30 1.6 crdi engine. I’ve had no issues yet but with 53,000 miles on clock I’m aware I could start getting trouble soon, thanks.

Hi Bubba,
You're aware you "could start getting trouble soon", ? 
Who informed you of this,  dealer or mechanic or knowledgeable friend ?
  • 4/18 Kona H/lndr 1.6T 7dct & 2/18 DM5 Santa Fe H/lndr 2.2 6sp (9/16 Active X)

Offline sundiz

• Technical Advisor

• fi Finland
      Helsinki
Only dpf  issues (in any brand) I have heard were caused by short drives and not allowing the engine do dpf burns. In those cases some had been able to get them cleaner by flooring the engine on highway and setting the dpf burn manually several times with diagnostic software.

One santa fe had to replace dpf after 250 000km. In my opinion that is enough km's for that part.
  • i30 cw 1.6crdi -08

Offline Asterix

• V.I.P
  • i40 CRDi 100kW 2013

• dk Denmark
      Sdr. Omme - DK
Haven't heard about replacement needed. Mine's now @ 287000 km and still on original DPF. May daily commute is only 2x25 km on 80km/h limited roads. I only do occasional motorway driving.
  • i40 CRDi 100 kW 2013

Offline sundiz

• Technical Advisor

• fi Finland
      Helsinki
I think 25km is enough for the engine to heat up and do the burn. Some delivery company had issues in their vans as they delivered stuff in city central. Only 1-2km drives and lot of idling in traffic lights.
  • i30 cw 1.6crdi -08

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal