i30 Owners Club

Panoramic sunroof rear blind motor just blew up

impakt · 3 · 2508

Offline impakt

• 1st Gear

• au Australia
      sydney
Just took the car for a drive this afternoon and had the sunroof opened. When i got home I tried to close the sunroof.. Glass closed ok. When it tried to close the blind i heard a small bang from the rear of the car as the blind retracted back on its own. Then smoke started emanating from the roof in the back of the car.

Car was out of warranty maybe 6 months ago. How common is this issue? What are my chances of getting it repaired under warranty?
  • GD i30 premium

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
Just took the car for a drive this afternoon and had the sunroof opened. When i got home I tried to close the sunroof.. Glass closed ok. When it tried to close the blind i heard a small bang from the rear of the car as the blind retracted back on its own. Then smoke started emanating from the roof in the back of the car.

Car was out of warranty maybe 6 months ago. How common is this issue? What are my chances of getting it repaired under warranty?

Welcome. Sorry, never heard of that being reported on here before. So, to state the bleeding obvious the motor that retracts the blind must have shorted out for some reason. You can ask hyundai the question but very unlikely to be fixed under warranty if the car is 5 and a half years old, I would think.
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA
I'd be contacting Hyundai Australia first, could be deemed as a potential safety hazard and would hopefully have it inspected and replaced under warranty if you're lucky :Good_luck:

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal