i30 Owners Club

PD2 SR Premium in Phoenix Orange on order!

Offline ozewander

• 1st Gear

• au Australia
      Melbourne, Australia
Hello all!

Just wanted to say that I've taken the plunge and ordered an SR Premium in Phoenix Orange.

I test drove the Golf and a few others and nothing really spoke to me like the i30 did.

For those interested, I came across this link about the PD2 update. :link: i30 model upgrade: more features, more choice | Hyundai Australia. Looking forward to hearing the 7-speaker Infinity stereo.

Can't wait to pick her up and hang out here with other i30 owners!!

Such a great car!
  • 2018 PD2 5 Door Hatch, Petrol 1.6L Turbo, DCT, Phoenix Orange

Offline ~ Angel ~

• 6th Gear
  • Personnel Manager

• nu Niue

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
Welcome and Congrats!

That "zingy" Phoenix Orange has really taken off! You're the 3rd or 4th member I can recall who has joined with that colour SR in the last month or so.  :goodjob:

Yeah, I'm a bit envious of the Stereo upgrade (my SR is 12 month old in 3 weeks time) Love it!

Thanks for the link. I reckon the better stereo may have pushed me over the line to the premium model if it been that way when I got my SR. I'm not into sunroofs and heated seats but with the Stereo and the other small things I missed out on (that I wasn't aware of) the Premium now makes more sense.  :cool:

• 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline John B

• V.I.P
  • John B /aka Sloop

• au Australia
      Gold Coast Qld

Offline eye30

• Global Moderator
  • HOS BOSS

• england England
      Wirral

• Wirral, UK. - 1.4 Petrol Active - Aqua Blue
Welcome

Sent from my ATU-L11 using Tapatalk

• 1.4 Petrol Active I'm no expert, so please correct me if

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA

Offline ozewander

• 1st Gear

• au Australia
      Melbourne, Australia
Hi Dazzler,

I hired an Active and was pretty happy with the standard audio but was pleasantly surprised when I read about the upgrade!

How are you finding the i30 after 12 months? I was so impressed by the drive of the Active I just had to own one!

Mark.

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

Hi Dazzler,

I hired an Active and was pretty happy with the standard audio but was pleasantly surprised when I read about the upgrade!

How are you finding the i30 after 12 months? I was so impressed by the drive of the Active I just had to own one!

Mark.

Hi Mark,

Yes, the Active is pretty impressive for an entry level car. Obviously the SR is even better.

I've done 27 K in 11 months including a 5000 km and a 3000 km road trip and generally very happy.

They are a great all around car. By that I mean, nice and zippy and maneuverable in the city but feel big and stable when cruising on the highway.  You will find the Turbo motor loosens up nicely by the first paid service (10,000 kms)  Mine is a real rocket ship on the highway, particularly when passing. 

Like all cars it has its faults, Road noise on coarse bitumen is a bit high, but probably not the worst in the class.

Here are 3 progressive feedback threads I prepared earlier..

:link: Initial feedback on brand new i30 PD SR (Further Updated)

:link: 8 month (17,000 kilometre) review of Dazzler's PD SR (DCT)

:link: 8 month (17,000 kilometre) review of Dazzler's PD SR (DCT)

and after my recent (bigger) road trip...

:link: Almost 5000 kilometres road trip in i30 SR

Offline Purplehazeffc

• 3rd Gear

• au Australia
      Australia, Perth, WA
I must say..     Bloody good colour choice.  :D     Though it is a very hard colour to take photo's of.
Mine keeps coming up looking like red..    Actually wouldn't mind having it have a photo taken next to a red one.,
  • PD i30 SR Manual Phoenix Orange

Offline beerman

• V.I.P

• au Australia
I must say..     Bloody good colour choice.  :D     Though it is a very hard colour to take photo's of.
Mine keeps coming up looking like red..    Actually wouldn't mind having it have a photo taken next to a red one.,

Another Road Trip Dazz????
  • A woman drove me to drink and I didn't even have the decency to thank her..

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

Booked to go back over on the boat in October on way to Adelaide.  :goodjob:

Offline ozewander

• 1st Gear

• au Australia
      Melbourne, Australia

Thanks Purplehazeffc!!

I tend to stick to basic colours with my cars like gun metal grey so this time I decided to go all in on a 'hero' colour. It seems to be a rare choice as they are having to bring one in from Adelaide for me!

I feel a little sneaky black badge conversion coming on to really make the orange pop.

I love the Fiery Red colour also which isn't a standard solid red colour. Now to wait like an expectent father.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Offline Purplehazeffc

• 3rd Gear

• au Australia
      Australia, Perth, WA

Thanks Purplehazeffc!!

I tend to stick to basic colours with my cars like gun metal grey so this time I decided to go all in on a 'hero' colour. It seems to be a rare choice as they are having to bring one in from Adelaide for me!

I feel a little sneaky black badge conversion coming on to really make the orange pop.

I love the Fiery Red colour also which isn't a standard solid red colour. Now to wait like an expectent father.

I also heavily agree on the Black out of the front & rear Hyundai badges.
Thou you will find it hard to do the front one as it's not a normal type of badge. Due to a sensor being behind there
  • PD i30 SR Manual Phoenix Orange

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

Thanks Purplehazeffc!!

Thou you will find it hard to do the front one as it's not a normal type of badge. Due to a sensor being behind there

With the Radar in behind the front one on the DCT versions, i'd be leaving that one alone.  :cool: Different story on the Manual ones without the radar.

Offline ozewander

• 1st Gear

• au Australia
      Melbourne, Australia

Thanks Purplehazeffc!!

With the Radar in behind the front one on the DCT versions, i'd be leaving that one alone.  :cool: Different story on the Manual ones without the radar.
Yes I heard that's where they've placed it. I might stick to the back badges then!!

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal