i30 Owners Club

*** Interior dust??!

Offline ads1212

• 1st Gear

• au Australia
      Sydney
I have owned 10s of good cars over 40 years but I’ve never owned a car that gets so dusty inside. Mine is a 2016 i30, and I am constantly having to wipe down the dash and controls to get rid of mounting dust. Car is properly serviced by Hyundai. City driving only and only done 9,000kms. Why is the dust so bad? Is the dust filter crap???
  • i30 2016 Petrol

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA
I think dust would be more related to local area conditions unless your car needs a good vacuum  :) dust might appear more noticeable on some of the plastic surfaces though I don’t see anymore dust in mine that any other car.

Offline Shambles

• Admin

• england England
      Manchester, UK
    • i30 Owners Club
Interesting that this has cropped up again. I never had a dust issue in my two i30s:

:link: Dusty seats
  • Ioniq MY2018 SE Premium Hybrid in Polar White with added oomph

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
I doubt it is through the vents as Hyundai incorporates a Pollen filter behind the Glovebox as standard. This is an excellent feature which many of my previous 30+ cars didn't have. I think in some other brands it is an option. Might be worth checking your filter in case it is missing (or very dirty - less likely in a relatively new car)

The previous car with Dusty seats was from the Czech Factory. Our (yours) come from Korea.  :undecided: :Dunno:
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline mickd

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      Tura Beach ( Deep Deep South Coast) NSW
Must say ,
I replaced ours at 6 months due to the amount of black crap in it when Anita was driving it to work.
Had to hose same crap off car every couple of days.
  • 4/18 Kona H/lndr 1.6T 7dct & 2/18 DM5 Santa Fe H/lndr 2.2 6sp (9/16 Active X)

Offline tw2005

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      Ipswich
I don't think I've ever seen a dust free car or dust free house either without cleaning. I think the type of surface and finish may make it more visible .
  • i40 Premium Tourer, FD i30CW SLX CRDi FD i30 CRDi SX , Welly, SANTA CLAUS

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal