i30 Owners Club

Aircon Issues

Offline FLYPEJOCK

• 2nd Gear
I have a September 2009 Hyundai i30cw sx crdi.

For the last while the ventilation system has emitted a very unpleasant stale smell.

I took it to Keema Brisbane and they replace the pollen filler at a cost of $95.  This made no difference.

Seems like there is bacteria in the condenser.

Are there any products available in Australia which will allow me to carry out a  DIY fix.  I have used aircon cleaner bombs to freshen up systems in older cars in the past.  These are small canisters you place in the footwell and activate with aircon on full in recirculate mode. 

I can't find them in any of the motor stores in Brisbane (Super Cheap, Repco etc) although interstingly a Kiwi employee of Repco told me that you can buy them in New Zealand.

Does anyone have any suggestions?  I don't have the patience to get involved with the local dealer.

Thanks

Offline Mutley

• 4th Gear
  • Woof!

• au Australia
      Melbourne

• Fiery Red 2019 Premium!
    • Mutley Productions
Not sure man but I would like to improve how well it stops exhaust fumes entering the car. It's very unpleasent.

Offline agentr31

• Top Gear
  • LOOK AT ME, LOOK AT ME!!!

• au Australia
      Brisbane, Qld
put it on recirculate!!

anyway back on topic... you can try and find where it sucks the air back in on recirculate and spray a metric f**cton of glen20 in there... (i think its under the dash in the middle)

i know the stuff your talking about but i havent seen it for ages aye...

Offline Lorian

• V.I.P

• gb United Kingdom
      Midlands

• Midlands, UK N-Line T-GDi
If I didn't have an antibacterial thingy I would put it on reciculate and run the aircon on hot to dry the system out once in a while.

Offline JASON6912

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
you could spray Glen20 in the intake vent for fresh air with the a/c running, I've used that when I have n't been able to get hold a spare a/c flush kit from work. it seems to do ok. 

Offline Mutley

• 4th Gear
  • Woof!

• au Australia
      Melbourne

• Fiery Red 2019 Premium!
    • Mutley Productions

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal