i30 Owners Club

2014 i30 GD Premium - Sat Nav and head unit issue

Offline rajiemoore

• 1st Gear

• au Australia
      Victoria
Hello,

I bought a 2014 i30 Premium Hatchback and have been unable to get the Sat Nav to function. I believe that others have had the same issue, that the Sat Nav will not go past the 'Agree' button screen. I also get an error message shown when the device starts:

Error
Out of memory
Requested: 33554432
Cache: 0

I have had a look through the forum to try to find if anyone has solved this issue and it appears those who had a warranty had their head unit replaced.

I have tried resetting the unit with the reset function, also using the Volume control/CD eject reset and resetting to factory settings.

I also accessed Test Mode to see if i could solve the issue from there, but not sure where to go from there.

Is it possible to repair this without having to replace the unit or take it to a dealer for a software update?

Any suggestions would be welcome!

• 2014 GD 5 Door Hatch, Petrol 1.8lt, Auto, White, Premium

Offline rajiemoore

• 1st Gear

• au Australia
      Victoria
I was able to get this working so will answer my own enquiry, hopefully if someone comes along this will be helpful in the future.

I started out by accessing WindowsCE which runs behind the UI for the Head Unit, which has part number LAN1050EHGD

To do this you can:

1. Hold the Settings Cog button to access the firmware/bluetooth version info

2. Press and hold the centre of the screen for about 20 seconds to enter Test Mode (Dealer)
3. Enter the code 159357 to access Windows CE

Once inside Windows CE you can navigate using the Touchscreen to the Navigation App which should be under My Device/Storage Card4/NNG there is a program labelled MTX1200-GD called IGo Primo Motrex 1.1. Double Click on this to start the Navigation, and can then use the menus to change the time setting off "automatically set to GPS time"

To reset the headunit and get back to the normal UI menus either;

-find the file called LISA under the MyDevice/Storage Card/System folder
-or press the volume button and CD eject button whilst turning the volume down to reset the head unit

After this the Map and Nav buttons worked and could progress past the Agree screen
  • 2014 GD 5 Door Hatch, Petrol 1.8lt, Auto, White, Premium

Offline Shambles

• Admin

• england England
      Manchester, UK
    • i30 Owners Club
Thanks for the update rajiemoore, all highly entertaining and useful :goodjob:

Seems there's a Simpson's theme running in that file system :lol:

-find the file called LISA under the MyDevice/Storage Card/System folder
What would you do with this file when you've found it?
  • Ioniq MY2018 SE Premium Hybrid in Polar White with added oomph

Offline heka

• 1st Gear

• au Australia
      Sydney
Thank you very much! Was literally about to buy a new unit.. Thanks again!!
  • i30 2014 CRDi

Offline Rumble

• 1st Gear

• au Australia
      Gold Coast
Hey rajiemoore,
I have a very similar unit to yours. GD-?  (just says GD so I am assuming it is the GD-01 from a 2015 CRDI i30 hatch premium. My problem is when I upgraded my phone and forgot to remove my old phone from blue tooth. Now only the radio and side buttons work. The touch screen works intermittently and weirdly taking up to an hour for a selection to happen. I have tried both reset functions you describe, but radio comes straight back on to the same channel. n fact the last couple of weeks I have been trying to factory reset using the touch screen settings and it has decided to change the language to german!!! :crazy1: So I am dumbfounded. Today I physically removed the unit and replugged it back in. Still the same. 

Do you have any ideas before I try to find a replacement or upgrade? Cheers Stu
  • 2015 i30 CRDI

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal