i30 Owners Club

Circulating hose heater

sundiz · 5 · 2165

Offline sundiz

• Technical Advisor

• fi Finland
      Helsinki
Has anyone assembled circulating hose heater to their 1.6crdi?

Older cars used to have block heaters and they worked pretty well. With these modern cars you may get into trouble because of uneven heat distribution (all sorts of fault codes etc. due different readings from different temp sensors) My car has oil pan heater and it sucks. It sucks big time. It's better than nothing, but to be honest the place and the power of the heating element is not sufficient for actual cold weather.

Now there are coolant hose heaters which have own water pump. Basicly like electric webasto.

I was planning to get this one: :link: TT-Thermo 1000KLD DEFA-yhteensopiva malli | tt-thermo uuden sukupolven moottorilämmittimet but I did not see any good places where I could assemble it. The unit has to be assembled vertically and 20cm below coolant level. The recommended places are the coolant hoses which go from engine bay to inside the cabin. Those hoses are usually quite small (~15-20mm diameter). In my car those hoses are short, there is a turbo and exhaust manifold right next to them, so not ideal place for heater assembly (no space and too much heat). Are there any other good places/hoses where I could assemble that kind of a heater?
« Last Edit: November 30, 2015, 17:48:15 by sundiz »
  • i30 cw 1.6crdi -08

Offline Asterix

• V.I.P
  • i40 CRDi 100kW 2013

• dk Denmark
      Sdr. Omme - DK
Sorry can't help. I would get a Webasto/Eberspächer if they weren't so fu***ng expensive...  :(
  • i40 CRDi 100 kW 2013

Offline sundiz

• Technical Advisor

• fi Finland
      Helsinki
Fuel using heater would be ideal, but the prices are ridiculous. And at some point you need to service and fix them. I usually have a electric socket near when I park, so electric heater would work for me. There are some second hand webasto/eber units but it's a gamble with them. And if you get webasto you might as well get the one with radio/mobile phone controls for maximum comfort. But brand new webasto with assembly and radio control would be close to 2000€...
  • i30 cw 1.6crdi -08

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
Fuel using heater would be ideal, but the prices are ridiculous. And at some point you need to service and fix them. I usually have a electric socket near when I park, so electric heater would work for me. There are some second hand webasto/eber units but it's a gamble with them. And if you get webasto you might as well get the one with radio/mobile phone controls for maximum comfort. But brand new webasto with assembly and radio control would be close to 2000€...

Cheaper to move to Tasmania (where you don't need one..) :goodjob:
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline sundiz

• Technical Advisor

• fi Finland
      Helsinki
Does anyone know which hose webasto or eberspächer units are assembled?
  • i30 cw 1.6crdi -08

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal