i30 Owners Club

Servicing add ons

John B · 3 · 1553

Offline John B

• V.I.P
  • John B /aka Sloop

• au Australia
      Gold Coast Qld
Ok questions for you guys that use Hyundai dealers for your services . How much are you charged for workshop supplies ?  Do you think it is worth having fuel additive . Do you get charged labour to fit your pollen filters ?  Do you get offered a complimentary  car wash & vacuum ?  Is there a free drop off and pick up from your home ( within a reasonable distance ) ?  When you get your account is it itemised  and is it clear to understand what you are paying for ?  I have tried two different dealers and both have different policies and cost even though it is a supposedly capped service cost. Thanks.
  • Toyota Kluger KXR AWD

Offline eye30

• Global Moderator
  • HOS BOSS

• england England
      Wirral

• Wirral, UK. - 1.4 Petrol Active - Aqua Blue
My dealer in uk offer free pick from home 2 day of the week.

Also, loan car foc, just use own insurance and add fuel used.
( my insurance covers loan car from service garage otherwise i believe they request drivers licence plus your agreement to pay excess if claim using garages insurance)

Get free car wash before collection.

Never used or would agree to fuel additives.

Think a few £ for rags etc but not sure as not got last bill to check.

Pollen filter, if not part of service then i'll buy and fit myself as 5 minute job,

All bills i have had are itemised as to parts used.
  • 1.4 Petrol Active I'm no expert, so please correct me if

Offline John B

• V.I.P
  • John B /aka Sloop

• au Australia
      Gold Coast Qld
The first dealer my daughter used for her car service  charged $25 for workshop supplies, $2 for washer additive, even though I had topped the reservoir  to the brim before she went, $12 for fuel additive, told her she needed a pollen filter at a Cost of  $40 and $40 labour to fit and that she needed new wiper blades, can't remember what she said she paid for them but I know it was a lot.. Needless to say they lost the business for her i30 and mine. The dealer I went to on my last service also charged $25 for workshop supplies but seemed ok for other cost. Did not attempt to charge me for washer additive. Asked before the service if I wanted fuel additive. Charges $40 for a pollen filter no charge for labour ,and rightly so for 5 min job. Knocks off $ 74.50 if I supply own oil and genuine Hy oil  filter. Knocks off their cost of engine and pollen filter , ( if required as per service book ) if I supply them. Pick up and drop off but not sure about hire car.
  • Toyota Kluger KXR AWD

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal