I bought online for the service
> oil 5w-30 liqui moly 4600 acea c3 5liter
> liqui moly oil additive 300ml -reduces friction
>oil fliter mahle
>diesel filer mahle
>air filter hahle
> cabin filter
All above cost  - 110euro

Also the back brake pads wear too much and I changed them with new remsa brake pads that had my frind in serivce  - cost 29euros for all back brake pads.
In the service I also  changed brake and clutch fluids dot 0,75lt - cost 8 euros

The service was done for the first time not in hyundai dealer but in a friend of mine that has the honda car official service here and took me only 35euros for changing all above parts!

Total cost 182 euro for the 4 year service + back brake pads  with change.

I wanted to ask if the change of back brake pads at 50.000km is ok? The front brake padswear is 50% so ok for now!
 I will also inform you if remsa pads are ok during time :)

« Last Edit: September 09, 2017, 19:09:45 by chris_i30gd »
  • hyundai i30 1.4 crdi 2013

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
Thanks Chris, good to hear.

I'm not surprised about your brake pad wear comment. The pads on the series 1 (FD) cars built in Korea seemed to last really well. For some reason they appear to use much softer pads in the Euro built GD models. My wife's tourer and other Euro built GDs get a thick layer of brake dust on the wheels in no time at all after a wash.  :crazy1:
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline chris_i30gd

• 3rd Gear

• gr Greece
      Greece
Yeah I had the same problem of brake pad dust.
Remsa pads are made in spain and  my friend  mechanic told me that are  factory  brake pad for many car models and are good plus cheap in price. May  better than the european huyndai pads foro gd ;)
  • hyundai i30 1.4 crdi 2013

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

Remsa pads are made in spain and  my friend  mechanic told me that are  factory  brake pad for many car models and are good plus cheap in price. May  better than the european huyndai pads foro gd ;)

My wife only does 6 - 7,000 kilometres per year in her 2014 GD Tourer, so still be a while before her pads need changing I reckon!  :crazy1:

Offline nzenigma

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      QLD

Hi mate, check that the park brake mechanism is lubed on the rear callipers. You will get high wear if it is not releasing properly.  The Euro road rubbish seems to penetrate the cable seals and cause corrosion.
  • FD 2.0L CW (office); GD 1.8L & CRDi; BMW Z3 M; Audi A4 Quattro; Nissan 350Z HR

Offline The Gonz

• Admin
  • Afghanistan Vet

• au Australia
      Adelaide

• Callsign GUNZ

My wife only does 6 - 7,000 kilometres per year in her 2014 GD Tourer, so still be a while before her pads need changing I reckon!  :crazy1:
ns
  • Frugal Firty: FDSLXCRDi5spHyperSilverBodyKit+Mods & MrsG'sPDSRPrem

Offline nzenigma

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      QLD

I'm not surprised about your brake pad wear comment. The pads on the series 1 (FD) cars built in Korea seemed to last really well. For some reason they appear to use much softer pads in the Euro built GD models. My wife's tourer and other Euro built GDs get a thick layer of brake dust on the wheels in no time at all after a wash.  :crazy1:

My above comment could apply in Oz too Dazz. The FD  has rear callipers and separate brake drums for the park brake. Good system, but obviously more costly to manufacture.
  • FD 2.0L CW (office); GD 1.8L & CRDi; BMW Z3 M; Audi A4 Quattro; Nissan 350Z HR

Offline nzenigma

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      QLD
Gonz   :rofl: Thought the same, but I'm too refined.   :mrgreen:

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

:crazy1: :snigger:

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

My above comment could apply in Oz too Dazz. The FD  has rear callipers and separate brake drums for the park brake. Good system, but obviously more costly to manufacture.

Thanks Gary, but it's on all 4 wheels so I think just soft pads in Trish's (cars) case!  :evil:

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal