i30 Owners Club

SR 2L petrol manual keeps revving during upshifts

rogerr · 2 · 1616

Offline rogerr

• 1st Gear

• au Australia
Hi all.
We have a 2015 SR 2L manual with the following problem.
At full throttle and 3,000+ revs, when lifting the throttle and depressing the clutch (to change gear), the revs keep on increasing for ½ - ¾ of a second. At higher revs, this gets much worse.
It is difficult to change gear until the revs have dropped, giving a substantial time gap between gears (several seconds at higher revs). If the gear change is forced by pushing the gear stick very hard (hammering the synchro-mesh while the revs are still increasing) the ESC system can get triggered, especially at higher revs, and this then cuts power completely to the engine (and the red ESC light comes on), even although at full throttle.
Hyundai report that "this is charistic [sic] for this vehicle".
Does anyone else see this problem?
Thanks lots, R
  • i30 SR

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA
That's normal, mine will also hold the rpm's for a split second if you are accelerating under full load as the ECU adds fuel expecting you to keep accelerating into the next gear, rpms need to be held till added fuel is burnt off.

The only difference for me is I don't have any issues with changing gear, shifts go straight in and if race changing through the shifts the held rpm helps with the launch into next gear.

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal