i30 Owners Club

They are at it again

andsome · 11 · 2096

Offline andsome

• 4th Gear

• gb United Kingdom
      Burntwood, Staffordshire, UK
This is the text of an e mail I received this morning, they must think I'm stupid.

Office Of The Accountant General{FGN}
International Foreign Payment Dept,
27, Kofo Abayomi Street Victoria Island,
Lagos, Nigeria. Ref:CIG/100/445

Attn:Sir/Madam,

My name is Dr Ahmed Idris,The Accountant General{FGN},in the course of our General Auditing and Account revision of the 1st quarter of the year 2017,we discovered that the Bank Accounts belonging to some Benefactors have been changed on the basis that the owners have died some time last year or have given out an authorization note of change of data. (DEED OF ASSIGNMENT) After the investigations, however, it was revealed that there are Foreigners who are collaborating with Retired Staffs to make these changes illegally without the knowledge of the Bonafide Benefactors and one traced to your own change is this Mr. Rick Jones who said you are dead, hence they have forwarded some documents of funeral service held for you so as to divert your fund. They have also forwarded to this bank account below as the new account that will receive this money.

Bank Name:Hang Seng Bank
Bank Address: 83 Des Veoux Road, Central-Hong Kong
Account Name: Rick Jones
Account Number: 235-325172-882
Bank Code: 024
Swift Code: HASEHKHH

But we wanted to confirm if actually this is true and hence decided to write to your email address which after 2 days from now and there is no response, we will then know that you are dead indeed and go on with the transfer. If proved otherwise by you that you did not die, please forward to us all the related Benefactors particulars including your Telephone number, contact address. These details from you will help to assist us reach a conclusion that you are not dead.Anything contrary to this claim will help us charge this man to court and prosecute him while your fund will be paid to you immediately without any further delay.

You have to get back to us on time for us to commence legal proceedings against Mr.Rick Jones and his accomplices. We do await your positive response by phone or email { dr.hmedidris@naij.com }
Yours Sincerely,
Dr Ahmed Idris
Office Of The Accountant General{FGN}

« Last Edit: September 05, 2017, 11:16:15 by andsome »
  • Not driving at present on medical grounds

Offline AlanHo

• Global Moderator
  • Geriatric Teenager

• england England
      Solihull, UK

• 2021 KIA Niro 3 1.6 Petrol Hybrid
WOW - you have all the luck......if you pay for my plane fare (first class) and generous expenses I will collect it for you.

It pays to have friends :goodjob:

• 2021 KIA Niro3 1.6 petrol Hybrid

Offline ABSi30

• 3rd Gear

• gb United Kingdom
      The great Co. Durham.
I wonder if they get many replies to these emails. Let's hope they don't come up with the name Google pizza or google I have all your details.com
  • 2011 Comfort. 5door diesel 1.6 CRDi auto White.

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA
I wonder if they get many replies to these emails.
They get enough responses to give them reason to keep doing it, some very silly people out there :disapp:

Offline Shambles

• Admin

• england England
      Manchester, UK
    • i30 Owners Club
I stopped replying to these generous Nigerians many years ago - never got a reply from any of them :rolleyes:
  • Ioniq MY2018 SE Premium Hybrid in Polar White with added oomph

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
I was going to suggest you send them your Avatar picture to convince them you are in fact alive andsome.. but maybe not!  :snigger:
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline andsome

• 4th Gear

• gb United Kingdom
I was promised £567438' but only received £290999.99. I wonder who pinched the rest

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA
The worst thing you could do is even open the email to read it, some contain scripts that upon opening can be enough to cause ransomware damage to the system, especially if the email is opened via a locally installed email client.

If you don't recognise the header and it doesn't contain your correct name...delete it.

Offline andsome

• 4th Gear

• gb United Kingdom
I'm glad I didn't delete it that day,or I would have missed my £290999 plus.  :hatoff: :hatoff:

Offline nzenigma

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      QLD
The worst thing you could do is even open the email to read it, some contain scripts that upon opening can be enough to cause facial damage

:disapp: At least he got some dosh
  • FD 2.0L CW (office); GD 1.8L & CRDi; BMW Z3 M; Audi A4 Quattro; Nissan 350Z HR

Offline andsome

• 4th Gear

• gb United Kingdom
It's lovely to have all this money.  :rofl:

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal