i30 Owners Club

Does the 2013 Hyundai i30 Active Auto come with satellite navigation?

Offline igereilavac

• 1st Gear

• au Australia
      Australia, QLD
Hi I'm looking at buying a 2013 Hyundai i30 Active Auto but I can't seem to find whether the model comes with satellite navigation. I suspect it doesn't and do any of you know if it's hard to upgrade the AV system so I can get it as I don't really want to mount an external GPS device.
  • 2013 Hyundai i30 Active Auto

Offline mickd

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      Tura Beach ( Deep Deep South Coast) NSW
G'Day igereilavac,

:i30:

Active is the base model,  so I would say no.
Plenty of people have replaced  the unit with the latest gear. 
Have a squizz in some of the sections of the forum, audio, elect , etc.
  • 4/18 Kona H/lndr 1.6T 7dct & 2/18 DM5 Santa Fe H/lndr 2.2 6sp (9/16 Active X)

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA
Nope, Active models don't have satnav and the head unit/fascia is a different fitment so not easily upgraded, you would need a third party system and required GPS module with antenna to be fitted.

You could fit a GD03 head unit (non navigation model) which has Android Auto and Apple Play to use the built in Google maps but they are still only useful when in good signal range.

Personally I find a Garmin or TomTom work much better than built in models as map updates are more frequent/up to date, I also have TomTom Go on my mobile which works very well as another option.

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
Welcome,

What Craig says is true. The idea of integrated GPS is good in theory, but very few manufacturers offer free updates like Garmin and Tom Tom do on some of their stand alone units.

Hyundai has started offering 10 years of GPS updates on this years i30 (which I have) but I'm not holding my breath as they are unlikely to be very up to date.

I am lucky enough to also have Android Auto in my model and the Google maps accessed via that phone mirroring system are much more current.

I have a Garmin GPS which I use with rental cars and I get free updates on that several times a year.  :goodjob:
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline The Gonz

• Admin
  • Afghanistan Vet

• au Australia
      Adelaide

• Callsign GUNZ
I have no love for OEM GPS. Firty has a free-lifetime-updates Navman permanently wired into the top pocket of the dash console. Best gadget yet. :victory:
  • Frugal Firty: FDSLXCRDi5spHyperSilverBodyKit+Mods & MrsG'sPDSRPrem

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal