i30 Owners Club

What is this connector for?

Offline The Gonz

• Admin
  • Afghanistan Vet

• au Australia
      Adelaide

• Callsign GUNZ
A member of the Spanish forum posted this picture asking where this connector goes on his 2010 FD CRDi CW. Besides a right-right reversal, I presume we could find such a thing on Aus/UK versions as well. I'm 1,700 km from Firty this week so can't check.

Can anyone suggest the answer?

ns
  • Frugal Firty: FDSLXCRDi5spHyperSilverBodyKit+Mods & MrsG'sPDSRPrem

Offline The Gonz

• Admin
  • Afghanistan Vet

• au Australia
      Adelaide

• Callsign GUNZ
The thread is located at Clubi30 and money is now offered via Paypal to anyone who can say where theirs is connected :winker:
  • Frugal Firty: FDSLXCRDi5spHyperSilverBodyKit+Mods & MrsG'sPDSRPrem

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA
If it's a low end model then possibly an option for climate control  :undecided: maybe even for a different version stereo/head unit :undecided:

Offline Frigorifico

• 1st Gear

• es Spain

• 2010 FD 5 Door, Diesel 1.6 128hp, Manual, White
I am the creator of the original post, I need to know where that cable is connected because the hot air does not work on the right side.

I checked the temperature actuator and it works correctly, I went to an official Hyundai dealer and they do not have it clear without dismantling the whole dashboard.

This connector is 5-pin and has 4 connected. In addition, 3 of them get 14.2v in one situation and 0v in another. I think it is related to the light sensor of the dashboard (round ball of the dashboard).

If someone were so kind to dismantle their center console, and tell me please, where the cable goes (if it goes down, goes up, goes to the right or to the left) it would be a lot of help for me to start disassembling the dashboard and see where to go.

It is a cable that does not seem to be audio, nor bluetooth, nor anything related. The cable is well sheathed, and no audio I think carries 12v except the power supply that is obviously already present.

I have studied all the electric diagrams of Hyundai i30 2010 1.6 CRDI and the only thing that seems to be is the connector M21 of the system of Heating / Heating Unit.

The funny thing is that this sensor works perfectly, my lights are automatic and work perfectly.

My final theory is that this sensor makes actuator for the lights and also acts as actuator in the heating ... but this second connector is not connected.

You can follow my post in the Spanish forum of the i30.

Problem with heating (a lot of photos): http://www.clubi30.es/tema-DUDAS-Climatizador-Aire-caliente-conductor-y-aire-frío-copiloto

Regarding this cable (a lot of photos!!): :link: ¿Alguien sabe si este cable debe ir enchufado?

(Im so sorry for my poor english)

--- EDIT. Some photos.

That cable comes from the central cable assembly, it comes right out of there.

I add some information:

Hyundai i30 1.6 CRDI - 128cv - Style Version - April 2010
Automatic climate control, heated seats ... No bluetooth.
I had Parrot installed but the previous owner has removed it and I think removing it disconnected that cable.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2017, 13:12:26 by Frigorifico »
  • i30 2010 - 128hp

Offline Frigorifico

• 1st Gear

• es Spain

• 2010 FD 5 Door, Diesel 1.6 128hp, Manual, White

Offline asathorny

• V.I.P
  • Wonky Donkey

• england England
      Manchester City centre

• Curmudgeon