i30 Owners Club

Car loosing power on high revs - 2010 Diesel 1.6 CRDI ( 70k miles )

Offline i30ladyowner

• 1st Gear
hi guys,
Had a bit of a hairy drive  this evening on motorway -  drving along in 6th doing prob 130 KPH and felt this pull in car under neath and power goes from car .... had to cruise into hard shoulder and car just cut out with all lights appearing on dash as if just starting the car  ( got some fright and  thankfully quiet road as  was late)  - restarts again , drove again and same issue   - keeping at 80 KMH seems to reduce frequency of occuring but it just cut out again randomly -Cant trust the car now at all and very nervous driving it  as its not safe - brining it to garage tomorrow but any one know anything of this issue and how big a job is it to fix ?  this really is a nasty fault in the Car - I have car nearly 5 years and very happy with it until now - id be nervous even to sell it knowing  this could happen it .

thx

• i30 CDR

Offline beerman

• V.I.P

• au Australia
How long since the diesel filter was replaced? Oh and are you or have you used biodiesel?

• A woman drove me to drink and I didn't even have the decency to thank her..

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
How long since the diesel filter was replaced? Oh and are you or have you used biodiesel?

My thoughts too. Clogged fuel filter or contaminated fuel or fuel bug even.
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline i30ladyowner

• 1st Gear
Havent used biodiesal - last service was back in August ... assume things were changed then. Whats this fuel bug ?
  • i30 CDR

Offline The Gonz

• Admin
  • Afghanistan Vet

• au Australia
      Adelaide

• Callsign GUNZ

Offline eye30

• Global Moderator
  • HOS BOSS

• england England
      Wirral

• Wirral, UK. - 1.4 Petrol Active - Aqua Blue
What fuel level in tank as wondering if it does it once fuel under certain level.

If ok while high'ish then problem as it fall wonder if possible fuel pump issue if not fuel filter or bad fuel issue.
  • 1.4 Petrol Active I'm no expert, so please correct me if

Offline i30ladyowner

• 1st Gear
thanks all its on way to garage now for them to take a look ; fuel levels are over half a tank - doesnt make a differance ; its the revs are  triggering something in the engine.  got it towed as too dangerous to drive . See how it goes hopefully not  to big of a job but afraid will look to change cars soon as it too risky
  • i30 CDR

Offline nzenigma

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      QLD
As Dazz and Beeryman have indicated, first port of call is fuel. They should take a sample when they check the filter, the bug should be apparent. In that case it is a matter of drain tank, clean, replace filter, add double bug killer.

Irrespective of the verdict, in the future get your fuel from high turnover outlets.
  • FD 2.0L CW (office); GD 1.8L & CRDi; BMW Z3 M; Audi A4 Quattro; Nissan 350Z HR

Offline i30ladyowner

• 1st Gear
just to update - issue resolved  ; thankfully not as bad as thought.
diagnostics reported fault in fuel pressure - too low ! They replaced the fuel filter and reset the fuel managment system .
So far so good but will be mindful for a bit  on motorway .
thx !
  • i30 CDR

Offline eye30

• Global Moderator
  • HOS BOSS

• england England
      Wirral

• Wirral, UK. - 1.4 Petrol Active - Aqua Blue

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
Cheers for the update. So we were on the money.  :victory:

:fingers: It doesn't return.
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal