i30 Owners Club

I30 crdi (FD) clutch master cylinder (R H D)

Offline openboater

• 1st Gear

• england England
      gloucestershire
Hi Guys, got a seal gone in clutch master cylinder,hoped it was the damper prob but it ain't. Anyone know how the cylinder is removed? Does it come out to the engine bay? I've got the nuts undone and pushrod removed but what's next???
Any suggestions instructions gratefully received!
  • i30 premium crdi 2008

Offline nzenigma

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      QLD
From memory  it comes out into the engine bay. You are probably fighting with some waterproof sealant at the moment.
  • FD 2.0L CW (office); GD 1.8L & CRDi; BMW Z3 M; Audi A4 Quattro; Nissan 350Z HR

Offline openboater

• 1st Gear

• england England
      gloucestershire
Hi thanks for reply but cylinder is totally loose but flange appears too large to come out forward thro firewall hole and there's a large bracket I can't remove behind it!
Can't even find correct replacement to check flange or a kit to put in it ( i've had old piston assy out)
Any ideas welcomed - this one's got me beat
  • i30 premium crdi 2008

Offline nzenigma

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      QLD
Sorry, Something was in the back of my mind that said NO ,when I replied. I seem to remember having to take one out from inside. If it has a big square plate inside, that's the baby. Have another look but Im sure that you will need to remove the pedal assembly first.
  • FD 2.0L CW (office); GD 1.8L & CRDi; BMW Z3 M; Audi A4 Quattro; Nissan 350Z HR

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal