i30 Owners Club

Rear Bumper Guard ~$USD6

Guest · 7 · 2079

guest12451
Hi All,

Low end one this but in looking at accessories for my recently acquired PD I noted one UK based member on here advocated getting a rear bumper guard. I'd never heard of this but they said it was handy as this area tends to cop scratches/marks when things are loaded in. I think they paid a lot more in the UK - dunno if better quality.
Hyundai multi-model rear bumper guard

I'd imagine it'd fit many cars  - so DYOR - seems like pretty thin silicone/rubber - probably not UV stabilised but should last a few yrs and easy to replace as help in place by '3M' tape.

I know that my car seems to get a lot of crap and junk welling in that area, just above the bumper but below the hatch lip - so in theory this would prevent scratching if that was brushed when putting something in boot etc.

If you've never shopped from Aliexpress shame on you  but I do find them a lot better than Ebay - so buy with confidence.

:-)

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
Can't go far wrong at that price. Another possibility for my new car! I must admit I've never tried them but happy to go with your recommendation.  Haven't had many problems with Ebay in over 300 transactions though.
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

guest12451
Oh I've not tried either but I'm going by other members who have said they're a handy lil thing to add - seems the FD/PD used to have a factory fitted one (big all black plastic number) which I am sure cost a lot - dunno if these do much or last but as you say risk vs reward its viable IMHO.

Haven't had many problems with Ebay in over 300 transactions though.
Ah well alas I've attracted a few dills - Ali is very strict on it's sellers, much moreso than Ebay - I still use both but generally will find Ali comes up better on price more often than not - obviously you have to wait as 99.9% of stuff comes from China but I try to plan ahead.  They've got great buyer protection - I've had a few issues but they tend to genuinely fall on the buyers side so its well worth opening an account if you're so inclined. :-)

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

Cheers Nikko I'll make a point of searching them as well when looking for stuff I'm not in a hurry for.  :goodjob:

guest12451
FWIW do NOT buy these for a PD - they don't work on the slight curve of the bumper area and so won't fit well/properly. Might work for GD/FD.

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

Thanks Nikko. Glad it was cheap. I took a bigger hit with some FD sill plates which I thought would fit the PD but didn't..  :Pout:

Offline nzenigma

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      QLD
FWIW do NOT buy these for a PD - they don't work

:spitty: that ruins another great day.   :cool:

I have bought from Ali and they are ok. :goodjob2:  Also no trouble with Ebay  except for a recent scam seller who switched a g4 phone for a 3g. But Ebay were on top of it within a week, pre-paid return post and refunded my money.
  • FD 2.0L CW (office); GD 1.8L & CRDi; BMW Z3 M; Audi A4 Quattro; Nissan 350Z HR

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal