Forward Collision Warning (FCW) not working on i30 PD SR DCT

Krieger · 33 · 13149

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
There are situations where you have to use common sense. I had one today (a situation that is) where I was approaching a slower vehicle but my radar hadn't detected him yet. There were lights ahead around a curve and I could see they were red. By the time my car had detected there was a stationary vehicle it would have been too close for comfort so I used the brakes...  :goodjob:
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline nzenigma

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      QLD
Using the Brakes :Shocked: CHICKEN!

:D I'm just wondering how complacent people will get with their new safety devices.
As you may know, I rarely use CC, certainly never in traffic and even on country roads I don't bother to use it, there are usually so many slower vehicles etc that I find I'm constantly hitting 'resume'.

I had one today (a situation that is) :
Sorry to hear that   :cool: :evil:
  • FD 2.0L CW (office); GD 1.8L & CRDi; BMW Z3 M; Audi A4 Quattro; Nissan 350Z HR

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
Using the Brakes :Shocked: CHICKEN!

:D I'm just wondering how complacent people will get with their new safety devices.
As you may know, I rarely use CC, certainly never in traffic and even on country roads I don't bother to use it, there are usually so many slower vehicles etc that I find I'm constantly hitting 'resume'.

That's the benefit of the autonomous cruise.  I was sick of doing the same thing. It's so much better now.  :happydance:
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal