i30 Owners Club

Replacing Reverse Lights on i30CW

Offline eugene188

• 2nd Gear

• ca Canada
      Ottawa, Canada

• MY2011 Elantra Touring, Automatic. Ottawa, Ont. CA
Hi,

I'm looking to replace the reverse light (white) on my 2011 i30CW (Elantra Touring). I can't seem to find any info on the net about the size of the bulb I should be using.

Best I could do was find #921, but no confirmation on if it will actually fit or not.

While I'm at it, anybody got the size for the other bulbs?

I can't take the bulbs out until the weekend to see, so hopefully somebody here knows.
  • Elantra Touring GL, Automatic

Offline tw2005

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      Ipswich
Hi,

I'm looking to replace the reverse light (white) on my 2011 i30CW (Elantra Touring). I can't seem to find any info on the net about the size of the bulb I should be using.

Best I could do was find #921, but no confirmation on if it will actually fit or not.

While I'm at it, anybody got the size for the other bulbs?

I can't take the bulbs out until the weekend to see, so hopefully somebody here knows.
Well, honestly have not paid close attention to mine but the parts catalog is suggesting there are 3 dual filament, 1 wedge, and 1 amber

3 x 12v 21/5Watt globe, part number they give is 18644-27088L

1 x 12V 15watt wedge, 18643-16004N

1 x either 18642-27007N or 18642-21008N ( blinker)

Not sure which is the reverse at this stage but the wedge is above the blinker so likely it is the reverse

• i40 Premium Tourer, FD i30CW SLX CRDi FD i30 CRDi SX , Welly, SANTA CLAUS

Offline eugene188

• 2nd Gear

• ca Canada
      Ottawa, Canada

Cool thanks. With pictures too!

I'm pretty sure the wedge bulb is the reverse one. I'm looking to change that over to LED now that one has burnt out. Best I could find was #921 from some random website.

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA
Cool thanks. With pictures too!

I'm pretty sure the wedge bulb is the reverse one. I'm looking to change that over to LED now that one has burnt out. Best I could find was #921 from some random website.
921 more commonly known as W16W or T15 are these in LED :link: W16W T15 955 921 CANBUS 30 SMD LED ERROR FREE FOG REVERSE STOP BRAKE L ? Classic Car LEDs
« Last Edit: June 01, 2018, 16:54:20 by CraigB »

Offline eugene188

• 2nd Gear

• ca Canada
      Ottawa, Canada

921 more commonly known as W16W or T15 are these in LED :link: W16W T15 955 921 CANBUS 30 SMD LED ERROR FREE FOG REVERSE STOP BRAKE L ? Classic Car LEDs

Yeah. I believe I am getting something like that. Just ordered off of ebay. It will be a surprise either way if it fits or not.

Has anybody on the forum done the replacement? I think I'm going to be replacing the rest of the lights soon too. They are probably coming up to their useful life.

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA
Has anybody on the forum done the replacement? I think I'm going to be replacing the rest of the lights soon too. They are probably coming up to their useful life.
I’ve replaced them all on my GD :)

Offline eugene188

• 2nd Gear

• ca Canada
      Ottawa, Canada

Awesome!

Not sure if I'm going to replace the other lights with LEDs yet. You did the front lights too?

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA
Awesome!

Not sure if I'm going to replace the other lights with LEDs yet. You did the front lights too?
I only did LED"S for park and indicator on the front, HID's in low beam and left the high beams alone as they're a prick of a fitting...low beam fitting isn't much better TBH.

Offline eugene188

• 2nd Gear

• ca Canada
      Ottawa, Canada

Yea, the low/high beams seem more expensive, I'll be holding off on those for a while and I find them to be fine anyways. With the el-cheapo LEDs for the back lights it is cheaper and easier to replace.

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal