i30 Owners Club

Tyres

Offline motorfan10

• 1st Gear

• de Germany
      Berlin
Hello,
I have a general question. Do you use all-season tyres or do you change between summer and winter tyres? I am from Germany. Are all-season tyres good enough for -10° Celsius?
  • Hyundai electric

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA
Only you can decide which tyres are required for your location, have a talk with your local tyre shop to get some ideas.

Offline The Gonz

• Admin
  • Afghanistan Vet

• au Australia
      Adelaide

• Callsign GUNZ
Separate summer and winter tyre types will always cover the range of temperatures and weather conditions with better performance. A single type of rubber will not satisfy both extremes as well, presenting a compromise. For cost of types of tyres, changeovers and effective performance and safety, this is a question for local retailers. You can study up on claimed performance on product web sites to inform your conversations with them.
  • Frugal Firty: FDSLXCRDi5spHyperSilverBodyKit+Mods & MrsG'sPDSRPrem

Offline sundiz

• Technical Advisor

• fi Finland
      Helsinki
Do you have a lot of snow? Are you required to have snow chains? How many months you have below 0'C temps?

Here the conditions change so much that 2 set of tyres are necessary. All season tyres are not ideal here. Nordic winter and sumeer tyres is only reasonable way. You might be ok with central european winter tyres, of you decide to go with 2 sets of tyres.

• i30 cw 1.6crdi -08

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal