i30 Owners Club

Samsung Galaxy 7" Tablet

Offline Surferdude

• Global Moderator
  • Tyre Guru

• au Australia
      Caloundra, Queensland.
Over the last year or so, my battery life in this has deteriorated noticeably.

Had a good look at it and couldn't see how to get into it.
But found this on Youtube.

:link: How to Replace Your Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 7.0 Battery - Bing video

Went along to my local Battery World. They got me in a battery for $40.

Bit the bullet and used a couple of small jewellers screwdrivers to dismantle the unit. Replaced the battery.

All good.

Here's to another trouble free 3 years.  :goodjob2:
  • 2020 Kona formerly 2009 i30 Hatch 5sp Manual.

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
Over the last year or so, my battery life in this has deteriorated noticeably.

Had a good look at it and couldn't see how to get into it.
But found this on Youtube.

:link: How to Replace Your Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 7.0 Battery - Bing video

Went along to my local Battery World. They got me in a battery for $40.

Bit the bullet and used a couple of small jewellers screwdrivers to dismantle the unit. Replaced the battery.

All good.

Here's to another trouble free 3 years.  :goodjob2:

I noticed my 10.5 Samsung is losing some battery life after about 18 months. Still adequate, but I did some research a month or two ago and think the batteries were even cheaper online (but $40 is ok) and found a similar video (may have even been that one.

I reckon I'll wait until the end of the year when it's 2 years old (just in case I bin it!) Still lasts roughly a day of average use (which is a lot of use by most people's standards. :snigger:
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline John B

• V.I.P
  • John B /aka Sloop

• au Australia
      Gold Coast Qld
@ Surferdude .Good on you. Most people don't even attempt it and end up chucking their electronics away. When some thing packs up I can't wait to rip it apart and try to to get it working again. Cant always fix them but if I do I feel like I have conquered Everest also keeps me amused for a while.  :goodjob2:
  • Toyota Kluger KXR AWD

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

@ Surferdude .Good on you. Most people don't even attempt it and end up chucking their electronics away. When some thing packs up I can't wait to rip it apart and try to to get it working again. Cant always fix them but if I do I feel like I have conquered Everest also keeps me amused for a while.  :goodjob2:

Good point John. I'm still recycling stuff from when we built almost 8 years ago. Very satisfying.

Offline Surferdude

• Global Moderator
  • Tyre Guru

• au Australia
      Caloundra, Queensland.
My wife is constantly dropping hints about "the stuff" I "don't use".  :disapp:

But like you, I enjoy dismantling and reassembling.
It used to annoy me if I failed, but nowadays I just shrug and throw the bits in the bin.

The Samsung is great for travelling .

Offline John B

• V.I.P
  • John B /aka Sloop

• au Australia
      Gold Coast Qld
@ Dazz & @ Surferdude . Yes certainly keeps me entertained, mind you it pays to turn appliances off at the mains plug before starting and after testing your repair job. It was with horror that I realised after testing a DVR after attempting a repair and disassembling it again I realised I still had it turned on.  :Shocked: Reminded me of that joke  " what is black and curly and hangs of the ceiling"

(click to show/hide)
  • Toyota Kluger KXR AWD

Offline Surferdude

• Global Moderator
  • Tyre Guru

• au Australia
      Caloundra, Queensland.
@ Dazz & @ Surferdude . Yes certainly keeps me entertained, mind you it pays to turn appliances off at the mains plug before starting and after testing your repair job. It was with horror that I realised after testing a DVR after attempting a repair and disassembling it again I realised I still had it turned on.  :Shocked: Reminded me of that joke  " what is black and curly and hangs of the ceiling"

(click to show/hide)
Funny you should say that.

I'm currently going through a heap of old VCR tapes and converting them to digtal on my PC.

The VCR is about 16 years old. My son bought it in 2001 and when he moved to Canada in 2002 took it with him because it had a function for NTSC recording and playback. Top of the range Sony.
But it wouldn't work so when we went over for his wedding in May 2002, I brought it back in the middle of my suitcase.

It has worked well ever since but recently doesn't want to eject on command.

So I've been using a (well insulated) pair of long nose pliers to coax each cassette out when I finish copying it.  :faint:

Making very sure I'm only touching the handles when I insert them into the slot.  :whistler:

Reminds me of a boss I had in Sydney years ago. His VCR stopped working so he called in a service technician who removed a matchbox car his two year old son had inserted. Now THAT was dangerous.

Offline Surferdude

• Global Moderator
  • Tyre Guru

• au Australia
      Caloundra, Queensland.
It's been interesting.

Most of the recorded movies are from early to mid 2000s. And the ads are a great trip down memory lane as I edit them out. Some are even late 1990s.

Got about 6 Clint Eastwood classics from some Clint Eastwood week Foxtel ran way back then.

Offline John B

• V.I.P
  • John B /aka Sloop

• au Australia
      Gold Coast Qld
Hope he kept the matchbox car, could be worth a bit now if in good condition.  :D  The long nosed pliers reminded me that I got away with the DVR situation because the screw driver I used was well insulated. Can hear all the sparkys tut tutting now but I know a few that have suffered electric shocks.
  • Toyota Kluger KXR AWD

Offline Surferdude

• Global Moderator
  • Tyre Guru

• au Australia
      Caloundra, Queensland.
Couldn't get the new (hand me down from my son - or should that be hand me up?) LG super TV to record to USB. It's got 3, that's THREE USB sockets.  :crazy1:
Finally read the instructions.  :-[
Has to be a HDD attached, not a USB stick. And it has to be adjusted to suit the TV.
Cue a day or so of re-organising all my external HDDs so I could free one up.
Done and working.

Never EVER give up :exclaim:

Offline John B

• V.I.P
  • John B /aka Sloop

• au Australia
      Gold Coast Qld
Don't you just love all this technology, glad you sorted it out, can be frustrating at times though. :goodjob2:
  • Toyota Kluger KXR AWD

Offline Surferdude

• Global Moderator
  • Tyre Guru

• au Australia
      Caloundra, Queensland.
Don't you just love all this technology, glad you sorted it out, can be frustrating at times though. :goodjob2:
I know I've got no hope of keeping up with modern technological advances but I'm determined to stay as much in touch as I can for as long as I can.

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

(click to show/hide)
I have a saying a bit like that when I or someone else is playing with electricity. "You wouldn't look good with frizzy hair"  :snigger:

@Surferdude  If that video ever dies, you might be able to pick up a cheap combo DVD/VCR player. We have an LG which I have been using to archive off some home videos for us and friends. Bit easier than via a PC.

Offline Surferdude

• Global Moderator
  • Tyre Guru

• au Australia
      Caloundra, Queensland.

(click to show/hide)
I have a saying a bit like that when I or someone else is playing with electricity. "You wouldn't look good with frizzy hair"  :snigger:

@Surferdude  If that video ever dies, you might be able to pick up a cheap combo DVD/VCR player. We have an LG which I have been using to archive off some home videos for us and friends. Bit easier than via a PC.
Nearly finished. But I wont replace it anyway.
Probably dump it when the last video is copied.

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

:victory:

Offline eye30

• Global Moderator
  • HOS BOSS

• england England
      Wirral

• Wirral, UK. - 1.4 Petrol Active - Aqua Blue
About 4 months ago t5he battery on my 5 yo samsung tab7 was discharging very quickly, say 3 to 4 hours from a full charge. Plus it seemed to charge up to 100% after 30 minutes.

Called into computer shop and they suggested before i buy a new battery just try disconnecting battery, leave for 10 minutes then reconnect.

They sort of indicated that this was a known fault as over time the connection moves with use.

Did that and battery now lasts 9 hours plus from full recharge, just like new.

Saved the cost of a new unit.....

• 1.4 Petrol Active I'm no expert, so please correct me if

Offline Surferdude

• Global Moderator
  • Tyre Guru

• au Australia
      Caloundra, Queensland.
About 4 months ago t5he battery on my 5 yo samsung tab7 was discharging very quickly, say 3 to 4 hours from a full charge. Plus it seemed to charge up to 100% after 30 minutes.

Called into computer shop and they suggested before i buy a new battery just try disconnecting battery, leave for 10 minutes then reconnect.

They sort of indicated that this was a known fault as over time the connection moves with use.

How did you disconnect it? Pull the unit apart?

Offline eye30

• Global Moderator
  • HOS BOSS

• england England
      Wirral

• Wirral, UK. - 1.4 Petrol Active - Aqua Blue

Used a flat blade knife to separate the front and rear panels by slipping the blade underneath the screen edge and sliding it around the entire device.

Remove the battery Flex Cable from its socket by placing small elecy screw driver under the wires and gently prying it out. ...

There was a yt vid i watched. Here is one.

• 1.4 Petrol Active I'm no expert, so please correct me if

Offline Surferdude

• Global Moderator
  • Tyre Guru

• au Australia
      Caloundra, Queensland.

Used a flat blade knife to separate the front and rear panels by slipping the blade underneath the screen edge and sliding it around the entire device.

Remove the battery Flex Cable from its socket by placing small elecy screw driver under the wires and gently prying it out. ...

There was a yt vid i watched. Here is one.

Yee.
That's what I did. :goodjob2:

Offline Lakes

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      Deep south coast, New South Wales
Good to know!
I have an old iPad 9" that still gets good battery life & charges quick, but the sound packed up. Now i can hear bit more of an issue, but still use it, & bit overone year back i got a samsung 9.7". Turned out good as when i can't see pic's i get emailed to my apple, i use the samsung and see them, just can notice the samsung a lot slower to recharge thanthe apple. But now used to both it's good to use when i'm away like now.
So thanks for this info Trev!!

Offline beerman

• V.I.P

• au Australia
Things I have fixed thanks to google:

The dishwasher that the repair bloke said was stuffed (Oil on a water sensor, cleaned and job done) Cost $0
The Oven (replaced the element and the thermostat and it is better than when it was new) Cost $90
My Daughters iPhone (replaced battery) $10
The Wife's computer x 2 (New power thingy and new hard drive).  Cost  Power thingy about $40 Hdd about $120.

Failures:
The washing machine (what I thought was a bearing turned out to be the spindle thingy that is connected to the back of the drum replacement cost $400)
Samsung tablet (Stuck in the boot up loop, was going to disconnect the battery and see what happens. The plastic connectors were too brittle and just broke in my hand.
  • A woman drove me to drink and I didn't even have the decency to thank her..

Offline Lakes

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      Deep south coast, New South Wales

The dishwasher that the repair bloke said was stuffed (Oil on a water sensor, cleaned and job done) Cost $0
The Oven (replaced the element and the thermostat and it is better than when it was new) Cost $90
The Wife's computer x 2 (New power thingy and new hard drive).  Cost  Power thingy about $40 Hdd about $120.

Failures:
The washing machine (what I thought was a bearing turned out to be the spindle thingy that is connected to the back of the drum replacement cost $400)
Samsung tablet (Stuck in the boot up loop, was going to disconnect the battery and see what happens. The plastic connectors were too brittle and just broke in my hand.

Good job Beerman, so can you fix speaker on my old ipad?

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

Failures:

Good job Beerman, so can you fix speaker on my old ipad?

Search you tube John. Might be a how to on there!

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal