i30 Owners Club

Is this a reasonable price?

jezgadi · 28 · 7439

Offline jezgadi

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Melbourne
I've got quoted $30.4k for a white i30 SR PD2 Auto brand new with the following additions:

- Darkest legal tint on side windows + back windscreen
- SR carpet mats
- mud flaps for all wheels.

Is this decent?
  • i30 SR

Offline nzenigma

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      QLD
Is it a repairable write off?
  • FD 2.0L CW (office); GD 1.8L & CRDi; BMW Z3 M; Audi A4 Quattro; Nissan 350Z HR

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net

:rofl:

It is decent but not that decent.

I paid 31k for my 2017 PD SR in june 2017 with the first 2 services free, SR Mats , weather shields and dashmat and tint too I think.
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline jezgadi

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Melbourne

Offline jezgadi

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Melbourne

:rofl:

It is decent but not that decent.

I paid 31k for my 2017 PD SR in june 2017 with the first 2 services free, SR Mats , weather shields and dashmat and tint too I think.

ok well that does seem somewhat decent, i remember reading somewhere by the people at Hyundai saying dealerships aren't able to offer as much discounts on these current i30 models.
  • i30 SR

Offline i30premy

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      NW Sydney Aust
There's a thread over on Whirlpool on what guys are paying for the PD.
Whirlpool i30 prices
  • i30 GD Premium Petrol Auto 2012 ~ Clean Blue

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

Whirlpool i30 prices

I haven't checked it out yet , but don't take what all of them say as gospel.  I think some guild the lily for 1 upman ship...

Offline mickd

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      Tura Beach ( Deep Deep South Coast) NSW
Skip the tint , get it yourself for about 1/2 the cost.
If they go through "motorone", they use the closest tint place and mark up the price.
  • 4/18 Kona H/lndr 1.6T 7dct & 2/18 DM5 Santa Fe H/lndr 2.2 6sp (9/16 Active X)

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

Skip the tint , get it yourself for about 1/2 the cost.
If they go through "motorone", they use the closest tint place and mark up the price.

Yeah I won't pay for any extras either. Get the best deal I can and if they will give me tint in the deal that's a bonus.

Offline jezgadi

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Melbourne
Whirlpool i30 prices

I haven't checked it out yet , but don't take what all of them say as gospel.  I think some guild the lily for 1 upman ship...

:Shocked: :Shocked: some of them (if true) have done themselves a pretty darn good deal....not sure I'd go for a demo as I'd already seen some paint chips on the 1 I demo'd
  • i30 SR

Offline mickd

• V.I.P

• au Australia
Whirlpool i30 prices

:Shocked: :Shocked: some of them (if true) have done themselves a pretty darn good deal....not sure I'd go for a demo as I'd already seen some paint chips on the 1 I demo'd

"NCS "- New Car Sydrome only lasts till the first: dent, paint chip, glass chip, scratch on interior, mud/dog poo in mats , food/drink on seats, end of first big road trip with all the previous.  :lol:

Offline nzenigma

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      QLD

"NCS "- New Car Sydrome only lasts till the first: dent, paint chip, glass chip, scratch on interior, mud/dog poo in mats , food/drink on seats, end of first big road trip with all the previous.  :lol:

Words of Wisdom  :goodjob2:

Also remember that you blow 10-15% of your money as you drive out the dealer's door.

I once had a passion to get a certain sports car. Got one. Took it for a 3am screaming blat to the Gold Coast and back  :happydance:
.  By the time I was back in Brisbane , it was all ho-hum, just another car.
  • FD 2.0L CW (office); GD 1.8L & CRDi; BMW Z3 M; Audi A4 Quattro; Nissan 350Z HR

Offline jezgadi

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Melbourne
Whirlpool i30 prices

well, 1st NCS for me...I'm very certain the 2nd car we get between me and the Mrs will be a 2nd hand after the lessons we learn from this 1st purchase  :lol:
also forgot to mention, the 30.4k includes delivery to my place which is ~450km away from them....and that's my closest dealership
  • i30 SR

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

Whirlpool i30 prices

well, 1st NCS for me...I'm very certain the 2nd car we get between me and the Mrs will be a 2nd hand after the lessons we learn from this 1st purchase  :lol:
also forgot to mention, the 30.4k includes delivery to my place which is ~450km away from them....and that's my closest dealership

Taking everything into account I reckon you are doing pretty well. Great car, love mine and it had big shoes to fill.

Offline mickd

• V.I.P

• au Australia
Whirlpool i30 prices

Enjoy!, and hi.
 :i30:

Offline jezgadi

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Melbourne
Taking everything into account I reckon you are doing pretty well. Great car, love mine and it had big shoes to fill.

Thanks, I've went ahead and confirmed my quote and will be having it sometime in August  :happydance: :happydance:

Also, in another thread you posted a pic of your sweet looking car with the black magwheels...so tempted to try and do that!
  • i30 SR

Offline jezgadi

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Melbourne

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

Thanks, I've went ahead and confirmed my quote and will be having it sometime in August  :happydance: :happydance:

Also, in another thread you posted a pic of your sweet looking car with the black magwheels...so tempted to try and do that!

Cheers. Look awesome on a white car. I photoshopped one the other day.

Offline andrich

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      NSW
To give you some reference i paid 31k driveaway for a 'demo' SR Premium with 49km on it only a month ago
  • 2017 PD SR premium in White

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

You got an awesome deal on thatt premium demo.  :cool:

Offline jezgadi

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Melbourne
To give you some reference i paid 31k driveaway for a 'demo' SR Premium with 49km on it only a month ago

wow! i look forward to living in major cities in the future where I can strike deals like that
  • i30 SR

Offline andrich

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      NSW

wow! i look forward to living in major cities in the future where I can strike deals like that

Funny you should say that. I live in Sydney but i actually bought this from Orange,NSW ( 4 hours from Sydney).
They were happy to make a deal so i went out on a friday arvo and drove it back first thing saturday morning :D
  • 2017 PD SR premium in White

Offline i30premy

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      NW Sydney Aust
Another Sydney'ite here. initially when I was looking for replacement car, was prefering an IX35. Was offered a great deal from dealer in Singleton. Offered to put us up in motel overnight if we wanted to get up there, or they were prepared to drive it down to me.
  • i30 GD Premium Petrol Auto 2012 ~ Clean Blue

Offline mickd

• V.I.P

• au Australia
Sydney 'ite as well,
 Coffs Harbour dealer wanted to transport a Santa down to me.   :Shocked:
Was rather pissed when he couldn't beat our quoted price.

Offline The Gonz

• Admin
  • Afghanistan Vet

• au Australia
      Adelaide

• Callsign GUNZ
ns
  • Frugal Firty: FDSLXCRDi5spHyperSilverBodyKit+Mods & MrsG'sPDSRPrem

Offline mickd

• V.I.P

• au Australia
ns

@The Gonz

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Offline nzenigma

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      QLD
ns

...., mud/dog poo ,food/drink on his seat, ....

:disapp: A shitty christmas

Offline mickd

• V.I.P

• au Australia
ns

...., mud/dog poo ,food/drink on his seat, ....
:disapp: A shitty christmas

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
You two crack me up  :goodjob:

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal