i30 Owners Club

GDS for '18 Elantra GT/2017+ i30 (PD) (And my introduction, I suppose.)

dnfm · 6 · 1834

Offline dnfm

• 1st Gear

• Canada
Hi,

I was considering picking up a VCI module as I'd like to be able to use it on my 2018 Elantra GT Sport -- specifically with a copy of VCS that'd work on my car, but have thus far had no luck finding such a thing.

Does anyone have any leads on a copy of GDS that might have what I need?

Also: Hi.  I'm dnfm.  I have an '18 Elantra GT Sport in Phoenix Orange.  It's about 11 months old now, and in that time I've blacked out the front grille and the chrome around the door windows, installed a Takeda Axleback, Sxth Downpipe & Intercooler, and K&N intake.

It's my daily driver, but my real passion cars are my two MKIV Supras.  I have a black 93, and a blue 94.  The 94 is currently a big singled 6 speed, and the black is an NA auto, but over the winter, they're getting their everythings swapped.
  • 2018 Elantra GT Sport 1.6T Manual

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA
Hi dnfm, my first search for Hyundai VCI module came up with this :link: GDS VCI Diagnostic Tool for Hyundai & Kia with Tigger Module

I personally use a simple scan tool :link: Bosch Diagnostic OBD1, OBD2, EOBD & CAN Auto Scanner - OBD2220 | Supercheap Auto

Ebay would be your best place to search or ask a local Auto Parts dealer for recommendations.

Offline dnfm

• 1st Gear

• Canada
That's version v16, which is even older ... like super old.

A regular OBD scanner isn't going to do what I'm looking to do.  It needs to be GDS specific.
  • 2018 Elantra GT Sport 1.6T Manual

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA
Maybe someone else knows of some others :undecided: all I can suggest is to keep searching.

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
Welcome dnfm.

I can't help with your query, but I'm fascinated by your plan to switch drivetrains in your Supras. What's the motivation for all that work.

BTW, feel free to post about them in members other motors. We love that sort of stuff!
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline mickd

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      Tura Beach ( Deep Deep South Coast) NSW
G'Day dnfm,
 :i30:
 :whsaid:
  • 4/18 Kona H/lndr 1.6T 7dct & 2/18 DM5 Santa Fe H/lndr 2.2 6sp (9/16 Active X)

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal