i30 Owners Club

Long Journey completed, questions

Offline marc.knuckle

• 2nd Gear

• gb United Kingdom
      West Midlands
Hi all

i just did a trip to Edinburgh on Sat and then back again this morning. it gave me plenty of time to build up a few questions. so here goes...

1) We were driving in daytime so i wouldnt have thought the lights, set on auto, would be illuminated. however, with my wife driving behind in our Vauxhall Corsa, that also has auto lights that were on, i half thought hyundai's were on when i went to put on the front and rear fogs. they werent on so i had to move it from 'auto' to 'on' to use the fogs. to consider the corsa was on, i wondered why vauxhall and hyundai decided on differing levels of daylight to trigger their auto lights. however, surely while auto is selected, if someone tries to trigger the fogs, it should automatically bring them on???

2) while using the sat nav, i wondered how it received its traffic data it tells me about obtaining every now and then. is it while connected to my home WIFI only or some other way such as via radio traffic announcements? linked to this question, does it also auto update map changes? i ask as during our journey there had been a roundabout added that was clearly a bit new but not brand-spanking new however the sat nav still had it as a straight through road without a roundabout.

3) lastly, for now, the fuel cap. i realise you press in to release and press back in to close. pressing it 'catches' it when closing and pops it out when opening. however, it feels fairly cheap and loose when i press anywhere along the opening side apart from the middle. i tried locking the car completely but although i could see it visually react when i locked the car, those areas were still moving when pressed. any thoughts?

cheers guys, marc

• Hyundai i30 2017

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA
1) I'm guessing the Vauxhall uses it's fog lights as daytime running lamps :undecided: as opposed to the Hyundai using daytime running lights constant until other lamp need to be turned on, and I would think that the auto light function would only relate to the headlights coming on...not the fog lights.

2) If the satnav's behave in the same way as Garmin an Tom Tom the traffic updates are usually transferred via FM radio signal, map updates need to be performed via your Hyundai service centre.

3) Regarding the Fuel cap, don't play with it unnecessarily and it wont bother you :whistler: I haven't heard of one breaking yet though you might be the first to do so :D

Offline marc.knuckle

• 2nd Gear

• gb United Kingdom
      West Midlands
cheers mate. i wont fiddle unnecessarily  :P
  • Hyundai i30 2017

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal