i30 Owners Club

Help with transmitter

Offline BlakeBlack

• 1st Gear

• nl Netherlands
      Amsterdam
Good afternoon colleague. After much hesitation, I bought a bluetooth fm transmitter for the car, but to be honest, I was disappointed the moment I took it. The transmitter works both with a flash card, and with a direct audio input, but, unfortunately, its sound is too bad.  :crazy2: :crazy2: :crazy2:At a certain level, the sound is extremely weak and unsatisfactory. Approximately after the mark of 28 loudness (35 on the scale of everything) and the sound is very weak and somewhat deaf. My question is - is there a way to clear the sound and make it stronger? The sound of the FM transmitter is increased to the end, I checked. :crazy1:
I can not say the transmitter brand, write something mobile or something that looks like a box, but it's not fake. :spitty:
  • i30

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
What exactly are you using your FM Transmitter for? If it's for music it would be better to use a USB Stick for that.

What model and year of i30 do you have? Series 1 (FD) Series 2 (GD) or Series 3 (PD)

Does it have bluetooth?

Can't recall many (if any) mentioning the use of an FM Transmitter in an i30.
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline The Gonz

• Admin
  • Afghanistan Vet

• au Australia
      Adelaide

• Callsign GUNZ
How about you post a photo of the device or a link to the website where you bought it?
  • Frugal Firty: FDSLXCRDi5spHyperSilverBodyKit+Mods & MrsG'sPDSRPrem

Offline BlakeBlack

• 1st Gear

• nl Netherlands
      Amsterdam
Firstly, thanks 4 yours quickly answers guys!  :goodjob2: Secondly, I want to apologize for my English. I'm not at the perfect level of this language.

So... I use Series 1 (FD). Just 4 listen to music and receive calls.
 Do u mean that have I Bluetooth in my car? :undecided:

Thanks to you, you prompt me an idea. I use history of my purchases and find sites where I saw reviews and them buy this transmitter. It names Mpow FM Transmitter and I bought this on Amazon
 Before them, I look reviews here

I think that I got not the best device, do you agree with me?

So...Actually I can buy new, but I am a busy man, and do know will I have time to pick up this new transmitter... My parents and relatives live in another cities and all of my friends its just my colleagues who worked with me.... :phone1:
  • i30

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

Your English is better than my Dutch.. I will try and help more tomorrow. Off for an early night. Sorry.

I do have a few more thoughts...  :cool:

Offline BlakeBlack

• 1st Gear

• nl Netherlands
      Amsterdam
It's very pleasant, Dazzler. Thak's :winker: I'll like when I and my interlocutor be on the same wavelength :victory: I will wait for your help. Goede nacht. (Good night.)
  • i30

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

Hi Blake,

SO I'm back.  :D

I'm not sure if I'd persevere with the FM Transmitter. The sound may be poor whichever one you get. Radio transmission can be subject to interference etc..

If you don't have bluetooth which is fairly likely in the series one models, then I quite like this sort of thing for making hands free calls. They are quite affordable and should be available for similar money in your area.

:link: Bluetooth Handsfree Car Kit Wireless Speakerphone Mic Universal for Mobile Phone | eBay

Have you got a USB port in your version of the i30. All Aussie delivered FD models got them and most of the european ones as well. Ours were hidden in the centre storage bin, but in Europe they were exposed but low down in the centre console.

MOst of our members with that model use a thumb drive/memory stick/usb stick full of music via that port. Others connected up their ipod or other music device via proprietary cables like this..

:link: 1Pcs Music Interface to IPOD IPHONE 5 6 USB AUX Cable For Hyundai Kia Universal 732145213662 | eBay

Hope those suggestions help.

Offline mickd

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      Tura Beach ( Deep Deep South Coast) NSW
Hi blake,
Agree with Dazz, put the  FM transmitter in the garbage and use Bluetooth to listen to music from your phone or use a usb cable and memory stick . 👍
  • 4/18 Kona H/lndr 1.6T 7dct & 2/18 DM5 Santa Fe H/lndr 2.2 6sp (9/16 Active X)

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal