i30 Owners Club

Bulb wattage

GaKu · 3 · 1066

Offline GaKu

• 3rd Gear

• dk Denmark
      Zealand

• 2011 1.4 petrol
Yesterday the right rear red bulb stopped working so I was looking at the manual to figure out what type I need to buy. It specifies the wattage as 21/5. What kind of specification is this? Is it 21W, 5W or 4.2W ?

• 2011 i30

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
Yesterday the right rear red bulb stopped working so I was looking at the manual to figure out what type I need to buy. It specifies the wattage as 21/5. What kind of specification is this? Is it 21W, 5W or 4.2W ?

Without doing lots of research (I'm tired and about to go to bed  :snigger: ) I'm guessing it is dual filament/dual purpose maybe? 5 watt tail light / 21 watt brake light.. I could be wrong, Lester was once.  :cool:

Think I'm right..

:link: Narva P21/5W Bayonet BAY15d Premium Globe 12V 21/5W - Globes & Bulbs | Repco Australia
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline TerryT

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      Sydney, NSW

...I'm guessing it is dual filament/dual purpose maybe?  5 watt tail light / 21 watt brake light.

Think I'm right..

Think you are totally right.
  • 2018 i30 PD SR Auto 1.6 Turbo Hatch (Sparkling Metal)

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal