i30 Owners Club

Fitting Cruise Control ....... 1.4 FD CW (Petrol model)

Offline LemurMort

• 2nd Gear

• hr Croatia
Administrator Comment Split from :link: Fitting Cruise Control ....... 1.4 FD CW (Petrol model)

Hello!
This is an interesting topic.
I'm also trying to install CC in 1.4 2010 i30.

I found a diagram on a foreign forum (the blue diagram, can't attach it now unfortunately) but it seems that it's a bit different regarding the clock spring pins in my case.

After checking and rearranging 3 wires that come from ECU to clock spring I realized I'm missing a clutch switch that should connect to ECU pin 33.
Regarding the ECU pins 19 (power), 62 (ground) and 68 (signal); I connected them by following the diagram.

I connected all this and the CC didn't work.

So, if I ground the pin 33 (clutch switch), I should be able to activate CC I hope.

• 2010 FD 5 Door Hatch, Petrol 1.4 + LPG, Manual, Red

Offline LemurMort

• 2nd Gear

• hr Croatia
Hello!
This is an interesting topic.
I'm also trying to install CC in 1.4 2010 i30.

I found a diagram on a foreign forum (the blue diagram, can't attach it now unfortunately) but it seems that it's a bit different regarding the clock spring pins in my case.

After checking and rearranging 3 wires that come from ECU to clock spring I realized I'm missing a clutch switch that should connect to ECU pin 33.
Regarding the ECU pins 19 (power), 62 (ground) and 68 (signal); I connected them by following the diagram.

I connected all this and the CC didn't work.

So, if I ground the pin 33 (clutch switch), I should be able to activate CC I hope.

And it didn't work :/
The quest continues.

Offline LemurMort

• 2nd Gear

• hr Croatia
It works. Bloody pin numeration on clock spring connector got me mixed up. I followed the blue schematic and that's it, really. (Somehow I can't find this diagram now, not sure if it was removed.)

Update: Clutch switch is not necessary for CC to work. As long as pin 33 is not grounded, CC works. But it can only be deactivated by applying the brakes or by pressing the Cancel button on steering wheel. The third safety option including the clutch switch is a no-brainer for me so I installed it.
Now, I cruise. And I have control. Get it? :)

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
Thanks for the update. Well done.  :goodjob2: :goodjob:
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline Emerix

• 1st Gear

• de Germany
Hey mate, does your 2010 i30 have the electronic or the manual gas pedals? If it has the manual ones, could you perhaps share which CC you put in there? Thanks!
  • 2008 FD 5 Door Hatch, Gas 1.4lt, Manual, Champagne Silver

Offline LemurMort

• 2nd Gear

• hr Croatia
Hey mate, does your 2010 i30 have the electronic or the manual gas pedals? If it has the manual ones, could you perhaps share which CC you put in there? Thanks!
Hello!. It has electric gas pedal so I only needed the buttons and wire assembly inside the steering wheel. I can look up part numbers for those two and let you know.
If you have manual gas, you'll need more parts apart from the two I mentioned. Unfortunately, I don't have any info, part numbers etc. about the extra parts.

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal