i30 Owners Club

Starting issue

Offline ntelos14

• 1st Gear

• gr Greece
      ATHENS
Hi everyone,
I am a new i30 owner. Actually 5 days ago i bought a used i30 1.4 crdi 2014 with 40000km on engine.  The 4 first days everything was fine an i realy enjoyed every minute i sat on this car. Today the following happed that made me worry a little bit. I tried to re start my car after a 30minute of drive, an everything went black. I turned the key an the 3rd position an the car "shut down". The stereo wasnt working and the locks would not respond to the key command. I have retried to start the engine again but still all black. That happed for about 3 minutes. When finally the car started again  the stereo's memory was lost, like when you take the battery off.
The rest off the day the day it worked just fine. I started the engine several times without any problem. Just a while ago, the same thing happend again. I tried to start the engine, turn the key to 3rd position an all black again. The stereo went black and the engine never started. The stereo ones again went to factory reset. But this time the second time i tried to start the engine, everything worked fine.

I tried to take a quick look to the forum but i didnt find something exact the same. In some other topics you mentioned ignition problems. Should i ckeck for that or is something else?

I apologise if there is an other topic with the same case, all i need is just a small guidance.

Thanks in advance.
  • Hyundai i30 1.4 crdi 2014

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
 :welcumwagon: ntelos14

I'll start the ball rolling. Firstly, sorry to hear of your less than perfect experience with your recently purchased i30.

Did you get any warranty with it. Even if we can talk you through a fix you probably should be talking to the seller in case a bigger problem becomes evident.

To me it sounds very much like a poor battery connection. I would be checking and tightening the battery terminals. If they are very secure then maybe the battery is on the way out and has one or more cells that is dying.

Definitely something electrical in my opinion though.
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline ntelos14

• 1st Gear

• gr Greece
      ATHENS
Many thanks for the welcoming Dazzlet!! :D

I will check the battery connections first thing in the morning and i will revert.  Also i do have warranty so i do not care about the cost, all i want is to enjoy more of this car!! :victory:

Will revert with further updates.

Thanks ones again.

Offline Paolo5

• V.I.P

• au Australia
Dazzlet!!!!?

Isn't that a small Dazzle?   :rofl:

Nothing remotely positive to suggest, ntelos14....just couldn't resist.... :happydance:

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

Dazzlet!!!!?

Isn't that a small Dazzle?   :rofl:

Nothing remotely positive to suggest, ntelos14....just couldn't resist.... :happydance:

:rofl: Yes I did wonder about the typo!  :D

Offline ntelos14

• 1st Gear

• gr Greece
      ATHENS
"R" and "T" are keyboard neighbours..  :whistler:

The battery connection was indeed a little loose. I hope that was the case.. i will test it a couple of days and will see the outcome.

I will let you know

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

"R" and "T" are keyboard neighbours..  :whistler:

The battery connection was indeed a little loose. I hope that was the case.. i will test it a couple of days and will see the outcome.

I will let you know

Excellent. Check it for the next week or two, as often if a terminal is loose and you tighten it, sometimes it works loose again.  :cool:

Offline ntelos14

• 1st Gear

• gr Greece
      ATHENS
It was just the battery connection...

Case closed...

Many thanks for your support!!! :crazy1:

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

It was just the battery connection...

Case closed...

Many thanks for your support!!! :crazy1:

:goodjob: :happydance: :D

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal