i30 Owners Club

Interior moulding trim, any experience ?

Offline NotAMiracleWorker

• 1st Gear

• ie Ireland, Republic of
      Ireland
Hi there, first time posting so sorry about any mistakes I make during this post

I was wondering if anyone had experience with the molding strips that can be seen on Amazon/Ebay that push inbetween the gaps of the dash ?

I've seen reviews where people said they fade because of sunlight where as others had no issues.

Any opinions appreciated, cheers :goodjob:
  • 2010 5 door hatch, petrol 1.4 litre, red

Online The Gonz

• Admin
  • Afghanistan Vet

• au Australia
      Adelaide

• Callsign GUNZ
Welcome, my opinion is not based on the trim specifically but certainly on red in the sun. Red car bodies, red colour in car stickers, red plastics, all red will fade in the sun over time. Products advertised as UV stabilised should hold up better.
  • Frugal Firty: FDSLXCRDi5spHyperSilverBodyKit+Mods & MrsG'sPDSRPrem

Offline NotAMiracleWorker

• 1st Gear

• ie Ireland, Republic of
      Ireland
Thanks for the advice, I've been looking at strips that are UV "resistant" but none are UV stabilized. The market for these is flooded with cheap chinese strips that may last a month or may last as long as the car.

If you know of any name brands from the top of your head I would appreciate it, but for now I think I'll keep browsing and update if I do buy a roll and provide a link/update as to how it went for others
  • 2010 5 door hatch, petrol 1.4 litre, red

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
Welcome, my opinion is not based on the trim specifically but certainly on red in the sun. Red car bodies, red colour in car stickers, red plastics, all red will fade in the sun over time. Products advertised as UV stabilised should hold up better.

:welcumwagon:  :whsaid:

Maybe the ones who experienced fading live in a harsher climate with more UV exposure. I'm guessing cars with tinted windows might reduce fading of interior trim too..
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline Lorian

• V.I.P

• gb United Kingdom
      Midlands

• Midlands, UK N-Line T-GDi
What gaps? There is only the one between the scuttle and the dash?

Online The Gonz

• Admin
  • Afghanistan Vet

• au Australia
      Adelaide

• Callsign GUNZ
  • Frugal Firty: FDSLXCRDi5spHyperSilverBodyKit+Mods & MrsG'sPDSRPrem

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal