i30 Owners Club

GD wagon rear sway bar

sn · 4 · 3030

Offline sn

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Perth n.o.r.
Gidday crew,

Is there any such thing as an upgraded rear sway bar to suit a 2013 GD wagon?

If not - I have heard rumours that there should be heftier sway bars which may be interchangeable, hanging under other vehicles in the Hyundai / Kia stable.

The rumour-monger tells me that the GD Wagon's rear suspension was shared with other models, but the sway bar and links are higher rated.

Can anyone clarify, or point me in the right direction??

Thanks,

Stephen.

• 2013 gd wagon, petrol /auto

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA
I've also searched for a better rear sway bar in the past but had no luck, there are bars for the Korean torsion beam models though unfortunately none for the Czech independent rear models.

Offline stkman

• 2nd Gear

• nz New Zealand
      Auckland, NZ

• 2008 1.6 cRDi manual Elite in Stone Black
Hi Stephen,

I replaced the 14mm rear swaybar in my FD with a custom 20mm bar. Amazing difference. Took the old bar off, gave to a spring manufacturer and they duplicated it using larger diameter spring steel. Including all new brackets it was under $250 NZ at the time. I did a write up at the time in this post ...

Sway bar upgrade post

Is an option if you are serious about upgrading.

Andrew
  • 2008 1.6 manual diesel Elite

Offline josh1990

• 3rd Gear

• au Australia
      NSW
Gidday crew,

Is there any such thing as an upgraded rear sway bar to suit a 2013 GD wagon?

If not - I have heard rumours that there should be heftier sway bars which may be interchangeable, hanging under other vehicles in the Hyundai / Kia stable.

The rumour-monger tells me that the GD Wagon's rear suspension was shared with other models, but the sway bar and links are higher rated.

Can anyone clarify, or point me in the right direction??

Thanks,

Stephen.

No info on the sway bar, but tell me more about the shared suspension? I notice MAD tooling specify  the same part number of rear  heavy duty spring for the GD tourer  as the FWD ix35. Looking for beefier rear springs but locally.

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal