i30 Owners Club

I30 2011 CW - Auto Transmission Issue

Offline Varjack

• 1st Gear

• au Australia
      Perth
Hi There.

I have a Hyundai i30 CW that probably about three months ago started to have transmission problems. This manifested in hard shifts (especially into 3rd gear), high revs before shifts and shuddering in shifting. I took it in for a regular service and asked the shop to just have a look at the transmission. They informed me that the only issue with the car was a P0374 error code. I did some research and found out that this was a common issues in I30s and set about learning as much as i could and ordering the relevant replacement part (42220L from What Ever It Takes Transmissions).

Today i had some time so i set to work disconnecting the battery and air filter and attempting to remove the transmission cover, but this proved to be stuck on tight. I re-assembeled the car only to find that the car will not start with both the check engine and a solid immobiliser light showing, yet another issue to solve.

My question is: Am i correct in my diagnosis of the transmission or should i be trying something else. Also, If anyone can help me get my car started again that would be great.

2011 CW 5 Door Station Wagon, petrol,2.0lt,Auto,Silver
  • I30 CW 2011

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal