i30 Owners Club

Hub and boss kits 2009 i30 MK1

Offline dayvurd

• 1st Gear

• gb United Kingdom
Hi.

Ive modded my car alot, id really like to add a suade steering wheel but i just cant find a steering hub anywhere. Theyre called boss kits, but i just get so much crap results. Mostly trash from wish.
Question being though, are most hyundai steering wheels the same? In terms of the size and width of the teeth that allows you to turn.

Theres a shop online that sells a hub kit for the getz, sontana, coupe etc but no i30. Maybe ill just have to settle for a steering wheel cover :(
  • 2009 I30 Comfort, 1.4L Petrol, 109BHP FD Red

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
Hi.

Ive modded my car alot, id really like to add a suade steering wheel but i just cant find a steering hub anywhere. Theyre called boss kits, but i just get so much crap results. Mostly trash from wish.
Question being though, are most hyundai steering wheels the same? In terms of the size and width of the teeth that allows you to turn.

Theres a shop online that sells a hub kit for the getz, sontana, coupe etc but no i30. Maybe ill just have to settle for a steering wheel cover :(

You'd probably be able to get a custom made stitch on Suede Steering wheel cover for much less than a boss kit + accessories and avoid any possible safety issues with airbags and stuff too.  :cool:
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline dayvurd

• 1st Gear

• gb United Kingdom
Thanks for your reply.
Ill have to look into this, though another reason i want to change it is because i would like a smaller wheel.... Which i know will change how much you turn the wheel vs the wheels turning. So annoyed really because they do boss kits for a hyundai getz.... But not an i30...  :crazy1:
  • 2009 I30 Comfort, 1.4L Petrol, 109BHP FD Red

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
Thanks for your reply.
Ill have to look into this, though another reason i want to change it is because i would like a smaller wheel.... Which i know will change how much you turn the wheel vs the wheels turning. So annoyed really because they do boss kits for a hyundai getz.... But not an i30...  :crazy1:

A small wheel is nice to steer with. Can feel sportier. But be aware it may block your view to some of the instrament cluster wich can be annoying. Been there done that in my boy racer days.  :cool:
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA
Cant say I've ever seen Boss kits for vehicles with an airbag, thought it would be illegal to change :undecided:

What would be safer is to use a professional cover, I have one of these MEWANT covers :link: Top Black Genuine Leather Car Steering Wheel Cover for Hyundai Elantra 2007-2010 | eBay on my GD and they are excellent quality and look factory fitted if you take the time to do correctly.

Choose your thread colour during the purchase, "NOTE" the cover mentioned fits the factory leather steering wheel.

Factory vinyl/rubber steering wheel :link: Black Soft Genuine Leather Steering Wheel Cover for Hyundai i30 Elantra Touring | eBay
« Last Edit: October 07, 2020, 14:08:52 by CraigB »

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal