Litter Louts

AlanHo · 19 · 2851

Offline AlanHo

• Global Moderator
  • Geriatric Teenager

• england England
      Solihull, UK

• 2021 KIA Niro 3 1.6 Petrol Hybrid
We were driving down to Devon a few weeks ago and called in at a services for refreshments. We returned to our car which was parked in a bay near the exit. There was a queue of cars along the row taking turns to exit. A black VW Golf stopped in front of our car with the driver's window open, It was an Asian family. Whereupon a considerable number of food boxes and drinks containers were ejected into the roadway. Two guys walking to their car appeared, picked up this mound of litter, walked over to the Golf and chucked it all over the driver. I couldn't hear what was said but angry words were exchanged. We followed about 3 cars behind the Golf and saw a repeat performance on the motorway ramp.

Uncaring Bastards.

These people came here for a better life and have unfortunately brought their filthy habits with them, presumably to make themselves feel at home.

• 2021 KIA Niro3 1.6 petrol Hybrid

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA
Did you get them on your dashcam Alan? report the bastards :spitty:

Big fines over here for littering, like 10k, unfortunately they're rarely caught/reported :disapp:

Offline AlanHo

• Global Moderator
  • Geriatric Teenager

• england England
      Solihull, UK

• 2021 KIA Niro 3 1.6 Petrol Hybrid
Did you get them on your dashcam Alan? report the bastards :spitty:

Big fines over here for littering, like 10k, unfortunately they're rarely caught/reported :disapp:

Minor littering is totally ignored by the police so it would be a waste of time. It has almost become a civil rather than a criminal matter.

Some Cities have council wardens with powers to issue a fine ticket.

Most motorway and main road verges are now "decorated" with litter chucked out of cars.  The Highway Authorities litter pick teams are more often than not a driver/supervisor and a straggle of people given community service penalties - usually for offences not related to littering.
  • 2021 KIA Niro3 1.6 petrol Hybrid

Offline mickd

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      Tura Beach ( Deep Deep South Coast) NSW
New South Wales has a litter hot line you can call with rego details etc and they can be fined.
  • 4/18 Kona H/lndr 1.6T 7dct & 2/18 DM5 Santa Fe H/lndr 2.2 6sp (9/16 Active X)

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
Probably about 12 months ago I reported a builders truck for throwing various things out their windows while driving up our road.

The crowd online I reported it to, did eventually contact me to get some further details. I don't know if they were ever fined.

• 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline Blazorax

• 4th Gear

• au Australia
      Sydney
Hahaha .. It is good to throw all the crap back into their car.  Ppl need to learn the right and wrong way of doing things, and at time they need to be reminded to not throw crap everywhere.

• 2018 PD2 5 Door Hatch, Petrol 1.6T, DCT, White, I30 SR Premium

Offline The Gonz

• Admin
  • Afghanistan Vet

• au Australia
      Adelaide

• Callsign GUNZ
As I approached my home after a 750km drive two days ago, the driver ahead of me threw his cigarette butt out the window while at the lights. I got out, picked it up, opened his door, said "You dropped something", threw it into his lap and slammed the door with all my strength. The last I saw was him scrambling not to burn his pants.
  • Frugal Firty: FDSLXCRDi5spHyperSilverBodyKit+Mods & MrsG'sPDSRPrem

Offline mickd

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      Tura Beach ( Deep Deep South Coast) NSW
As I approached my home after a 750km drive two days ago, the driver ahead of me threw his cigarette butt out the window while at the lights. I got out, picked it up, opened his door, said "You dropped something", threw it into his lap and slammed the door with all my strength. The last I saw was him scrambling not to burn his pants.
:rofl:  :rofl: onya  Gonz !!
  • 4/18 Kona H/lndr 1.6T 7dct & 2/18 DM5 Santa Fe H/lndr 2.2 6sp (9/16 Active X)

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

@The Gonz  :eek: :victory:  :goodjob: :happydance:

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA

Offline Crustycottage

• 4th Gear

• au Australia
      Australia, Perth
i live opposite a primary school, and the parents use our verge for parking and dropping their kids off in the mornings. That i dont mind but it drives me and the missus insane when the parents just stop and throw their litter out on the grass including cigarette butts, macdonald wrappers, pizza boxes, coke cans & glass bottles.  :crazy1:

I caught one lady and told her to clear up her mess, and take it home with her. She told me feck off in front of her delightful daughter, and the bemused crossing lady. Maybe im just old fashioned, but what kind of example is that setting for the kids, its ok to litter mummy does it.  :disapp:
When i was kid we rarely ever did it, and if you were caught, you would be sweeping the street for a week as punishment. My neighbor is contemplating designing a spike attached to his verge sprinkler heads to discourage any parent parking/ potential litter louts

Good on you Gonz  :goodjob2:
  • 2017 PD SR 5 Door Hatch, Petrol 1.6lt Auto, Blue

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA
Scott, can you line your part of the verge with some good size granite rocks to prevent them parking on there, I did something similar for my cousin and her neighbours houses over the road from Lynwood Primary.

Offline Crustycottage

• 4th Gear

• au Australia
      Australia, Perth
Scott, can you line your part of the verge with some good size granite rocks to prevent them parking on there, I did something similar for my cousin and her neighbours houses over the road from Lynwood Primary.

I complained to the head teacher a few weeks ago, suggesting my neighbour was already recruiting for a Vigilante Dirty Harry group to clean up the streets (of litter crime)  :scared: So will wait and see if it improves. I can handle the occasional wrapper but when you know it is the after kids and parents drop off, that pisses me off. even more my OCD about how filthy dirty are their cars in the first instance  :blubber:

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA
I'd probably go as far as to a mount a small cam in the letterbox to catch everyone of those trash throwing shit parents :spitty: :evil:

Offline Surferdude

• Global Moderator
  • Tyre Guru

• au Australia
      Caloundra, Queensland.
There's a fb page where you can post photos of people parking illegally, like in wheelchair spots.
Maybe a similar page for litter louts would be good.

I must admit, if it was me I'd probably stand there with a video camera.
  • 2020 Kona formerly 2009 i30 Hatch 5sp Manual.

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

There's a fb page where you can post photos of people parking illegally, like in wheelchair spots.

Nice idea Trevor but not a good look hanging around near a school with a video camera! Could even be legal issues!

@Crustycottage Scott, I feel for you. That would drive me insane!  :crazy1:

Offline Surferdude

• Global Moderator
  • Tyre Guru

• au Australia
      Caloundra, Queensland.

Nice idea Trevor but not a good look hanging around near a school with a video camera! Could even be legal issues!

Yep. It would.
However it was my footpath I reckon a sign reading, if you drop litter from your car here you are likely to be filmed for referral for prosecution, might  cover me. Especially if the only footage on the camera showed littering and kids in the frame were incidental.
Seriously though I wonder if local council officers could be persuaded to "wander the neighbourhood".
  • 2020 Kona formerly 2009 i30 Hatch 5sp Manual.

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

Yep. It would.
However it was my footpath I reckon a sign reading, if you drop litter from your car here you are likely to be filmed for referral for prosecution, might  cover me. Especially if the only footage on the camera showed littering and kids in the frame were incidental.
Seriously though I wonder if local council officers could be persuaded to "wander the neighbourhood".

The sign and a quiet word to the council are both good ideas. With cameras being so small these days a Warning sign might reduce the incidence.  :goodjob2: :goodjob:

Offline Crustycottage

• 4th Gear

• au Australia
      Australia, Perth
Yep. It would.

A good idea about sign, I will wait to see how my quiet word with the teachers goes before poking the bear  :rolleyes:

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal