i30 Owners Club

Fitted: Rear exhaust i30 ST 1.6lt Turbo.

Offline Purplehazeffc

• 3rd Gear

• au Australia
      Australia, Perth, WA
I went to an exhaust shop today, to see what can be done to put a little bit more noise on the car.

While I'm no longer young enough to classified a "Boy racer" I don't want it to loud. So the rear muffler delete was not going to happen.
With out some serious custom work & $$ to get a muffler up under there. We have come up with a solution, that will hopefully work out ok.

We are going with coming off the center pipe join to a "Y" pipe. As I want to keep the dual exhaust outlets.
Then going into 12" long hot dog type resonators. One on each side. That should hopefully keep any droning away..
Then keeping the original exhaust tips. All piping will be kept in 2.5 inch.
All booked in for next Wednesday. As I don't finish work till Monday morning & he is booked for Tuesday.
I will post up some photos of the finished work & if requested I can also post up a sound video..

Refer to this picture I have roughly done with Paint.  Though I must say. Not very good. But gives an idea

• PD i30 SR Manual Phoenix Orange

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA
That's what I would have done if I had your model :goodjob2: definitely love to hear/see a video when she's done :fingers:

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
definitely love to hear/see a video when she's done :fingers:

:whsaid:

Have they given you a quote for the cost to do that?

• 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline Purplehazeffc

• 3rd Gear

• au Australia
      Australia, Perth, WA
That's what I would have done if I had your model :goodjob2: definitely love to hear/see a video when she's done :fingers:

At this stage & without spending lots of $$. Its the best way to go.

definitely love to hear/see a video when she's done :fingers:

:whsaid:

Have they given you a quote for the cost to do that?

Price quoted is $550 all supplied & fitted.   Which for a bit of custom work is pretty good..

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

Cheers for that. Not too bad then, but keep them honest ( make sure they  do a schmick job)  :cool:

Offline Purplehazeffc

• 3rd Gear

• au Australia
      Australia, Perth, WA
Pretty much just got back from the exhaust shop.   Reversed up into the garage & took photos & video.
The installer said that it will quieten down a bit when it get run in.  The sound is pretty nice as well.
There is a slight bit of drone under 2500 rpm. But again that should quiet down..
There is also an option of changing the middle resonator for a muffler. As there is enough room to fit one..
Photos of the left & right resonators & the pipe where it splits.  As seen in the video. I have kept the original tips.

:link: 2018 Hyundai SR 1.6lt Turbo Exhaust - YouTube

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

Looks and sounds pretty neat.  :goodjob2: :goodjob:

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA
 :whsaid: :goodjob:

Does the noise level out at a certain RPM? or keep getting louder and louder the more you rev :undecided:

Offline kazzae

• 1st Gear

• au Australia
      New South Wales
That sounds awesome. Nice!

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

• 2017 i30 sr

Offline andrich

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      NSW
Any updates on this? :D
  • 2017 PD SR premium in White

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA
Any updates on this? :D
Not sure why another topic was started :undecided: it should probably be merged with this one, continues here :link: Fitted: Rear exhaust i30 ST 1.6lt Turbo.

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA

Offline blaeven

• 1st Gear

• au Australia
      Sydney, Australia
I paid for a custom Centre Entry, side exit muffler to be made for my car, basically it's a blank muffler from something like a VW Golf, but the pipes are all custom. Cost me $1k and with the rest of the exhaust stock it was only a little bit louder than stock on normal driving and gave a really nice tone on full throttle.
I've since removed the second cat and the resonator and it's louder, but still basically sounds stock with the windows up and driving normally, but really makes some noise under load now.
I'll be doing a dump pipe soon, and expect it to get louder again, which is fine, because it's a decent rear muffler, it's keeping all the droning and stuff at bay

Picture:

• 2018 PD2 SR - 1.6T Manual w/ Sunroof

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA
Geez! 1k for a muffler, surely there was a stainless Mercury or Redback that would have fitted for 2 or 3 hundred :undecided:

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal