• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net

Offline beerman

• V.I.P

• au Australia
I hope you have good missed port cover on your travel insurance....
That's covered by the shipping line, missed ports they pay a refund and if you miss many ports they generally offer a free holiday :)

Is that port taxes or more? I missed a port on the last cruise and the wife and I got $250 each less excess (and a sleep in).
  • A woman drove me to drink and I didn't even have the decency to thank her..

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA
I hope you have good missed port cover on your travel insurance....
That's covered by the shipping line, missed ports they pay a refund and if you miss many ports they generally offer a free holiday :)

Is that port taxes or more? I missed a port on the last cruise and the wife and I got $250 each less excess (and a sleep in).
Each port call has a different cost so I guess they get back a percentage of whatever it is if they cant disembark.

Offline tohis

• V.I.P

• fi Finland
      Liperi
8 days before my vacation and flight to Tenerife, TUI informed that all their trips have been canceled until 3th April at least, and the customers will get refund. Things are escalating quickly - a week ago we had something like 10 corona cases in Finland, today 155.

During the last week I was already thinking I need to cancel the trip despite the loss of money, not only for possible infection (especially during the flight), but for the risk of spreading it to everyone, getting quarantined, unable to return the rental car on time, or having difficulties returning home as flights could also be canceled. Anyway, the problem was now solved on my behalf. I'm still losing almost 200 EUR as the train ticket and hotel in Helsinki before/after flight are not refundable.

Toilet paper and hand sanitizer hoarders are also seen at here. I know better, and bought only one package yesterday. I also bought few bottles of Corona Extra beer for revenge!  :evil:
« Last Edit: March 13, 2020, 18:21:55 by tohis »
  • 2017 Toyota Auris Hybrid Touring Sports, ( Ex 2013 i30 GD Wagon 1.6CRDi 6MT )

Offline nzenigma

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      QLD
 Evil Dutton has it!  ; There IS a God after all   :yahoo: :yahoo:
  • FD 2.0L CW (office); GD 1.8L & CRDi; BMW Z3 M; Audi A4 Quattro; Nissan 350Z HR

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

@tohis

Sorry about your trip but a reasonable result financially in the end. I feel sorry for the Corona Beer Company. They have lost millions, so good on you for supporting them.

I was initially disappointed that we had to defer/cancel our next planned road trip due to heavily pregnant daughter's arrival on our doorstep, but in hindsight it could have been a lot worse. I week or so later and I would have booked the boat and probably most of the accommodation.

We are tending to have lots of small local treats and trips to make up for it.
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline Surferdude

• Global Moderator
  • Tyre Guru

• au Australia
      Caloundra, Queensland.
We're not serious until we ban any remaining Toyota Coronas from the roads.

Seriously though,  heaps of schools here who have overseas excursions ( bands etc) booked are calling them off. No refunds. Parents are out thousands of dollars.

QLD Gov't has actually banned all such trips for state run schools.
Most aren't covered by travel insurance.

Travel agencies are laying off staff. In the case of my mate's wife who runs an agency, she's been reduced to three day weeks at half pay. That or finish up.
  • 2020 Kona formerly 2009 i30 Hatch 5sp Manual.

Offline nzenigma

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      QLD

:phone1: :phone1: :phone1: :phone1: The Euro flare up took 2 weeks to eventuate. Thats the pre-diagnosis incubation time. Mass gatherings are irresponsible , but the main spreaders are children, goes from school to parents.

• FD 2.0L CW (office); GD 1.8L & CRDi; BMW Z3 M; Audi A4 Quattro; Nissan 350Z HR

Offline mickd

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      Tura Beach ( Deep Deep South Coast) NSW
:rofl: :rofl: hope the other dork gets it.
 AFTER the end of the NRL round 1 money raising event. I  know what he'll be praying for at Hillsong this weekend.  :lol:
  • 4/18 Kona H/lndr 1.6T 7dct & 2/18 DM5 Santa Fe H/lndr 2.2 6sp (9/16 Active X)

Offline Doggie 1

• V.I.P
  • Doggie Connoisseur

• au Australia
      Perth

• 2019 PD2 Go Petrol, Manual. 30,000 kms.
You'll be pleased to know that Peter is feeling absolutely fine and is having a well-earned rest in hospital. :)
  • Tertius the i30

Offline nzenigma

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      QLD
You'll be pleased to know that Peter is feeling absolutely fine and is having a well-earned rest in hospital. :)

And isolated from us for at least 2 weeks  :happydance: may his 'absolutely fine' continue indefinitely.  :cool:

Offline nzenigma

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      QLD
 AFTER the end of the NRL round 1 money raising event. I  know what he'll be praying for at Hillsong this weekend.  :lol:

Given the dysfunctional health system in the USA; we have been waiting for the dork to ban US travellers.   :crazy1:

As usual, Ardern has the savvy and cohones :
 "New Zealand Prime Minister Jacinda Ardern has announced new restrictions requiring all travellers to be quarantined for 14 days upon entry into the country in an attempt to stop the spread of coronavirus."

Offline mickd

• V.I.P

• au Australia

Given the dysfunctional health system in the USA; we have been waiting for the dork to ban US travellers.   :crazy1:

As usual, Ardern has the savvy and cohones :
 "New Zealand Prime Minister Jacinda Ardern has announced new restrictions requiring all travellers to be quarantined for 14 days upon entry into the country in an attempt to stop the spread of coronavirus."
@nzenigma
Guess what our puppet did recently ??    :rofl:

Offline mickd

• V.I.P

• au Australia

And isolated from us for at least 2 weeks  :happydance: may his 'absolutely fine' continue indefinitely.  :cool:

He.must be really bad - rest of the country is told to stay at home.  :eek:

Offline nzenigma

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      QLD

He.must be really bad - rest of the country is told to stay at home.  :eek:

@mickd
Thinking really really bad   :snigger: as we live in hope ( at home) 

My nurse notes that Dutton is taking up a bed in the public RBH hospital.  :spitty: Ironic given that, for years, he and his cronies have ripped off public health money and awarded it to private health.

Offline mickd

• V.I.P

• au Australia
@nzenigma
Typical  :disapp:
Good to see that Slo-Sco-Mo is still following JA.

Offline nzenigma

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      QLD
@nzenigma

Hmmmm   :goodjob2: she has an election later this year. Need to get back there and vote so that Australia still has an effective leader.

Offline mickd

• V.I.P

• au Australia
@nzenigma

Hmmmm   :goodjob2: she has an election later this year. Need to get back there and vote so that Australia still has an effective leader.
:rofl: :rofl:  :goodjob:

Offline Doggie 1

• V.I.P
  • Doggie Connoisseur

• au Australia
      Perth

Offline mickd

• V.I.P

• au Australia
Well with the Tasmaniang gov wishing to isolate the state,  our trip to Trish&Dazzland is off .  Re-booking for mid February 2021 ?   :Good_luck:

Offline nzenigma

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      QLD
Well with the Tasmaniang gov wishing to isolate the state,  our trip to Trish&Dazzland is off .  Re-booking for mid February 2021 ?   :Good_luck:

Hopefully The Dut will allow you back into Australia. :cool:

Good to see the Tazmanic gov is thinking more widely than the Feds.  :goodjob2:

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

:disapp:

Offline Doggie 1

• V.I.P
  • Doggie Connoisseur

• au Australia
      Perth

Er, Tasmania is an Australian state. Maybe you're thinking of New Zealand.  :neutral:
  • Tertius the i30

Offline The Gonz

• Admin
  • Afghanistan Vet

• au Australia
      Adelaide

• Callsign GUNZ
Not surprised. If other states had the luxury of coastal borders, they'd do the same.

However, at last count, 4 cases of Corona have been found in Tassie.

(click to show/hide)
  • Frugal Firty: FDSLXCRDi5spHyperSilverBodyKit+Mods & MrsG'sPDSRPrem

Offline Doggie 1

• V.I.P
  • Doggie Connoisseur

• au Australia
      Perth

Not surprised. If other states had the luxury of coastal borders, they'd do the same.

However, at last count, 4 cases of Corona have been found in Tassie.

(click to show/hide)
:lol:
  • Tertius the i30

Offline nzenigma

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      QLD

Er, Tasmania is an Australian state. Maybe you're thinking of New Zealand.  :neutral:

:cool:  forgive my sudden stupidity. Probably caused by my Brisbane Uni that had the sense to shut us out 2 weeks ago..... while Nero was still telling us to attend the footy. :whistler:

Offline The Gonz

• Admin
  • Afghanistan Vet

• au Australia
      Adelaide

• Callsign GUNZ
+ Made my first (non-i30 keytag) 3D design sale this week:

• Frugal Firty: FDSLXCRDi5spHyperSilverBodyKit+Mods & MrsG'sPDSRPrem

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

+ Made my first (non-i30 keytag) 3D design sale this week:

You'll be able to retire soon!  :eek: :snigger:

Offline The Gonz

• Admin
  • Afghanistan Vet

• au Australia
      Adelaide

• Callsign GUNZ

Offline mickd

• V.I.P

• au Australia
 :goodjob: at the moment the Aus $ is worth about 53p  :victory:
Was that plan for a full size version?

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal