i30 Owners Club

Off and Running again - Covid

mickd · 26 · 3562

Offline mickd

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      Tura Beach ( Deep Deep South Coast) NSW
We're off again !
With Victoria being  thrown into turmoil,  it's funny how things change.
No vacancy  in town, everything full.
Vic health stuffed up on Covid test - family been here on holidays for 10 days now in 14 day isolation.   :disapp: :disapp:
So now we have a brand new Covid testing centre open 10 hrs a day , trying to capture all locals and others.
Just lock the area down now for 3 weeks and be done with it.
  • 4/18 Kona H/lndr 1.6T 7dct & 2/18 DM5 Santa Fe H/lndr 2.2 6sp (9/16 Active X)

Offline i30premy

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      NW Sydney Aust
Was down in Mollymook a week ago & most accom places had their "No Vacancies" out.
Also went down to Mogo (& took some cash) was chatting to one of the shopkeepers there regarding business.
He was very happy with their t/over - suggested that it was close to what they would do @ Christmas.
Guess the word is getting out to us city folk to pay a visit & help out by spending money.
  • i30 GD Premium Petrol Auto 2012 ~ Clean Blue

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
We have been lucky in Tassie with no new cases for over 50 days, and no active cases  left either I think. We are all gettin a bit nervous though as they have been letting a lot of Mexicans (Victorian) FIFO workers in to the state for building projects with minimal testing. Finally decided to batten down the hatches on them from midnight tonight. Hope it is not too late.  :sweating:

We've been getting out and about staying at local motels and eating out. Trying to do our bit to boost the local economy.  :goodjob:
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline mickd

• V.I.P

• au Australia
Police est.  50,000 cars entered between border closure announcement and its closure. 

Online The Gonz

• Admin
  • Afghanistan Vet

• au Australia
      Adelaide

• Callsign GUNZ
Police est.  50,000 cars entered between border closure announcement and its closure.
What could possibly go wrong? :crazy1:
  • Frugal Firty: FDSLXCRDi5spHyperSilverBodyKit+Mods & MrsG'sPDSRPrem

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

:whsaid: :crazy1:

Offline AlanHo

• Global Moderator
  • Geriatric Teenager

• england England
      Solihull, UK

• 2021 KIA Niro 3 1.6 Petrol Hybrid

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

:rofl: :goodjob2: :goodjob:

Offline mickd

• V.I.P

• au Australia
@Lakes
Hi mate,
Hope you are well and staying really close to home.
Cheers Mick

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

@Lakes
Hi mate,
Hope you are well and staying really close to home.
Cheers Mick

Hey John, you haven't been on for like 11 days! You better have a good excuse! Hope you and yours are ok.  :fingers:

Offline Lakes

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      Deep south coast, New South Wales
good one Alan!

Thanks Mick & Dazz, still going! A friend & I were riding pushy's yesterday & saw the COVID-19 testing so we went & got tested took us half hour as a lot getting tested & someone latter told me on Monday it took 8 hours to get tested. just have to wear a face mask till get results. but no matter what results still need to be careful & keep washing hands.
just hope no more poor soles get the virus!!

Hope your all well there too MickD & Dazz!!

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

Great to hear from you John. Yep all good down here at the moment. Up to my old tricks (I mean behaving my self)  :winker:  :snigger:

Offline Lakes

• V.I.P

• au Australia
Great to hear from you John. Yep all good down here at the moment. Up to my old tricks (I mean behaving my self)  :winker:  :snigger:

that's good to hear Dazz!!
I was up Sydney two weeks back stayed with father he is past 100 now. Had to see Audiologists , they did tests with one bionic ear at a time with phone that had background noise to make it harder, with the processors I have now ( Cochlear n6 ) was hard to understand the phone. then they gave me some of latest model ( Cochlear n7 ) they are smaller & lighter & bluetooth. one at a time again & listening to phone with background noise, & was much easier to hear & understand. so they lodged a claim for the two new n7 's & will e mail me when to come get them. but now with the new cases of COVID-19 , I'll probably have to wait longer.

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

Sounds good John,

I got approved for a disability pension which enabled me to get a significant discount on hearing aids.  I love them phone via Bluetooth and rechargeable batteries very convenient.  Making a big difference.   :victory:

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA
Sounds good John,

I got approved for a disability pension which enabled me to get a significant discount on hearing aids.  I love them phone via Bluetooth and rechargeable batteries very convenient.  Making a big difference.   :victory:
@Dazzler You should have been able to get the bluetooth hearing aids for free Dazz, the government provide up to $600 a year for anyone on a pension.

Mum has just upgraded her hearing aids to the new bluetooth one's for free which enabled her to pay the extra $260 to get the bluetooth kit for the TV, she can have her own volume set now and not affect the TV level for the old man.

Online Surferdude

• Global Moderator
  • Tyre Guru

• au Australia
      Caloundra, Queensland.
Interesting
I'm interested in how that happened.

My audiologist showed me a list recently which had blue tooth as an extra cost.
I've been with them for about 7 years and they've always been more than helpful

But I'll be talking to them shortly about new hearing aids so I'll ask again.

Also, I found this......

If you want additional features not provided in the free aids (e.g. Bluetooth), you can choose
a ‘Top-Up’ arrangement where you pay the difference in cost to your service provider. These
additional features may be helpful but are considered extra to those necessary to meet your
hearing goals. It is best to obtain a written quote for the hearing devices and on-going
maintenance costs before committing to extra costs. However, the free hearing aids are of
high quality and are generally all you need.
  • 2020 Kona formerly 2009 i30 Hatch 5sp Manual.

Online Surferdude

• Global Moderator
  • Tyre Guru

• au Australia
      Caloundra, Queensland.
The quote above is from the seniors enquiry line.

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA
Interesting
@Surferdude  speak to Hearing Australia, that's who mum uses and it's $600 worth a year for free through the government if you're on a pension, the only extra was the TV box pictured above for $260, or extra if you wanted hearing aids further up the range list from the bluetooth provided ones.

The hearing test required first for eligibility is also free :)

« Last Edit: July 24, 2020, 10:40:14 by CraigB »

Offline mickd

• V.I.P

• au Australia
@Lakes
Bloody hell John, that's one way to get a post off track.   :lol: :rofl:

Online Surferdude

• Global Moderator
  • Tyre Guru

• au Australia
      Caloundra, Queensland.
Interesting
@Surferdude  speak to Hearing Australia, that's who mum uses and it's $600 worth a year for free through the government if you're on a pension, the only extra was the TV box pictured above for $260, or extra if you wanted hearing aids further up the range list from the bluetooth provided ones.

The hearing test required first for eligibility is also free :)
I've had hearing aids under this scheme for 7 years and free tests every 2 years.
I think the difference is in what you get for $600. I couldn't get the free ones to work for me and ended up changing companies to make sure I was getting good advice.
Same results so I paid extra for higher quality units.
My hearing is pretty shit BTW.
But it's all good info for my next visit, thanks.

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

I could get basic ones for free but I wanted to go up a few levels. The lady suggested only going up one less level but adding the rechargeable Battery pack option which was an extra $500 but included the Bluetooth. So for $895 all up I got a set worth over $2500 if I wasn't a pensioner. Via Specsavers. Janine in Devonport was brilliant with her service too.

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA
I could get basic ones for free but I wanted to go up a few levels. The lady suggested only going up one less level but adding the rechargeable Battery pack option which was an extra $500 but included the Bluetooth. So for $895 all up I got a set worth over $2500 if I wasn't a pensioner. Via Specsavers. Janine in Devonport was brilliant with her service too.
That's a good deal, mums are only the lower end bluetooth aids though still an upgrade from her last pair, they're fine for her at the moment till her hearing worsens.

Do yours come with the TV box? great little device :goodjob2:

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

That's a good deal, mums are only the lower end bluetooth aids though still an upgrade from her last pair, they're fine for her at the moment till her hearing worsens.

Do yours come with the TV box? great little device :goodjob2:
no I didn't know about that but the aids have helped so much I can hear and understand the TV now on the same volume as Trish!

Offline Lakes

• V.I.P

• au Australia
Sounds good John,

@Dazzler You should have been able to get the bluetooth hearing aids for free Dazz, the government provide up to $600 a year for anyone on a pension.

Mum has just upgraded her hearing aids to the new bluetooth one's for free which enabled her to pay the extra $260 to get the bluetooth kit for the TV, she can have her own volume set now and not affect the TV level for the old man.

hey Craig they don't give you Cochlear implants & processors .

Offline Lakes

• V.I.P

• au Australia

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA
hey Craig they don't give you Cochlear implants & processors .
I don't think anyone gives that level of stuff for free, though government subsidies if on a pension might give something towards it :undecided:

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal