i30 Owners Club

while things are quiet, why not post about your non i30 ride.

Dazzler · 24 · 3105

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
This amazing site is way too quiet for my liking at the moment.  If you no longer drive an i30 but some other Hyundai or other brand of vehicle, this would be a great time to post a thread in Members other motors.

Most of us on here are car people and enjoy hearing about other models and makes..
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA
No other car's to speak of though hopefully in a month or two I'll have an Enfield to play with :fingers:

With a few relatively easy mods it should make for a sweet ride, something like the picture is what I'll be aiming for.

Offline Mister Paul

• 2nd Gear

• North Somerset
We have had a Skoda Roomster from new. 2014. Currently about 78,000 miles and has got through that without a hitch. The inside is like the Tardis. It's been the main car up until this year when we got the i30. It will stay with us as the messy, skip run, learner car until the wheels fall off.

And I've got a 2018 Honda CB500X. Once you ridden a motorbike you realise that it's not worth spending thousands on "fun" cars as you can't use their potential on public roads because you don't need to. Buying a motorbike keeps you smiling without you losing your license.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2020, 20:41:48 by Mister Paul »
  • i1.4 T-GDi SE Nav

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

Thanks Mister Paul,

2004 or 2014? Yeah, always handy to have a roomy vehicle.  When we do road trips we take everything but the kitchen sink hence the fact we upsized our main vehicle.

I'm quite a fan of Skodas. Looked into an Octavia RS wagon a couple of times but couldn't find one to test drive and closest dealer a bit too far away for ongoing convenience.

We have quite a few other members who enjoy their motorcycles.

Offline Mister Paul

• 2nd Gear

• North Somerset
Thanks Mister Paul,

2004 or 2014? Yeah, always handy to have a roomy vehicle.  When we do road trips we take everything but the kitchen sink hence the fact we upsized our main vehicle.

I'm quite a fan of Skodas. Looked into an Octavia RS wagon a couple of times but couldn't find one to test drive and closest dealer a bit too far away for ongoing convenience.

Sorry, the Roomster is a 2014. It's only a basic Skoda but it's been over Europe with me and it's a comfortable ride. Great build quality as well - built in Czechia, Same as our i30.
  • i1.4 T-GDi SE Nav

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

Thanks Mister Paul,

Sorry, the Roomster is a 2014. It's only a basic Skoda but it's been over Europe with me and it's a comfortable ride. Great build quality as well - built in Czechia, Same as our i30.

No worries. Yeah, a bit crazy really, Skoda is a part of the VW group and generally cheaper with more features and better built. From what I've seen possibly more reliable than the Mother company's products!

Offline John B

• V.I.P
  • John B /aka Sloop

• au Australia
      Gold Coast Qld
No other car's to speak of though hopefully in a month or two I'll have an Enfield to play with :fingers:

With a few relatively easy mods it should make for a sweet ride, something like the picture is what I'll be aiming for.

Very Nice. :goodjob2:
  • Toyota Kluger KXR AWD

Offline i30premy

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      NW Sydney Aust
Seems to be a high number of i30 guys posting on FB these days.

Would be nice if they could also drop by here also.
  • i30 GD Premium Petrol Auto 2012 ~ Clean Blue

Offline eye30

• Global Moderator
  • HOS BOSS

• england England
      Wirral

• Wirral, UK. - 1.4 Petrol Active - Aqua Blue
This is my new bike with motor assistance up to 15. 5 mph/25 kph.

Had it just over 3 weeks now and although I resisted the idea of an ebike for a long time as I thought it would take the pleasure out of cycling, I really really love riding it and will not be returning to my pushie.
  • 1.4 Petrol Active I'm no expert, so please correct me if

Offline AlanHo

• Global Moderator
  • Geriatric Teenager

• england England
      Solihull, UK

• 2021 KIA Niro 3 1.6 Petrol Hybrid
Nice Lester - but where's the beer holder?
  • 2021 KIA Niro3 1.6 petrol Hybrid

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

Had it just over 3 weeks now and although I resisted the idea of an ebike for a long time as I thought it would take the pleasure out of cycling, I really really love riding it and will not be returning to my pushie.

What sort of $ if you don't mind me asking Lester?' I actually quite like cycling but the cycling action seems to aggravate the moderate osteoarthritis in both my hips. So looks like I'll be selling my mountain bike.  :Pout:

Fortunately walking still doesn't seem to cause the same issue, unless I try to take tall steps (as in high tread depth)

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

Seems to be a high number of i30 guys posting on FB these days.

Would be nice if they could also drop by here also.

It's a double edged sword Neville. Quite a few end up joining the forum either of their own accord or after referral from us.

Facebook has made people lazy. It's easier to just post something on FB than join a forum and start a thread.

Offline Shambles

• Admin

• england England
      Manchester, UK
    • i30 Owners Club
Whilst it might seem quiet, on average there are over 400 page visits by guests and [bots] every 3 minutes ;)

• Ioniq MY2018 SE Premium Hybrid in Polar White with added oomph

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

Offline Lakes

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      Deep south coast, New South Wales
Beautiful Lester!! I love my MTN E bike , like yours 25kph assistance & when you go over 25kph your not using the battery so get a longer range.
enjoy it!

I still call mine a pushy as still have to peddle, to activate assistance.

« Last Edit: September 08, 2020, 02:16:07 by Lakes »

Offline eye30

• Global Moderator
  • HOS BOSS

• england England
      Wirral

Nice Lester - but where's the beer holder?
See that thing that is the battery..... well it's not...... It's the beer supply.
Great idea so I don't get stopped by the bobbies......

Offline eye30

• Global Moderator
  • HOS BOSS

• england England
      Wirral

What sort of $ if you don't mind me asking Lester?' I actually quite like cycling but the cycling action seems to aggravate the moderate osteoarthritis in both my hips. So looks like I'll be selling my mountain bike.  :Pout:

Fortunately walking still doesn't seem to cause the same issue, unless I try to take tall steps (as in high tread depth)
There is hidden content here which only members can see. Please Login or Register.

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA

Great looking bike Lester :goodjob2:

What is the motor output wattage? and battery volt's and Ah?

Offline eye30

• Global Moderator
  • HOS BOSS

• england England
      Wirral

What's the output wattage - volt's and Ah?
Motor
Bosch Motor Performance Line, 250W, 36V, max. 25 km/h/15 mph.

Battery
Bosch 36 V Li Ion, 400 Wh

If I want I can upgrade to a 500 battery but circa £300

Offline Lakes

• V.I.P

• au Australia

Hi Craig, I have some friends with them .
they all have stock 650, like you're pic. but Mick Withers the new owner of heavy duty magazine got I think mufflers air cleaner & he got Wil from Revalry Cycles at Burwood ( Sydney ) to fit a runner & load a map Wil made . Wil & his Lovely Wife Santina both know there stuff !! Santina has a Beautiful Enfied, it started out like the one in pic you posted. And Wil rebuilt & developed it, Santina started taking it to Sydney Dragway. they made it lighter & fitted a wheelie bar , plus I think slightly longer swingers to move rear wheel back a bit ( works in with wheelie bar for just drags ) they have CNC ported heads & S&S big bore ( 850cc ) S&S mufflers and they made the headers. also think Wil made a few other mods ( Wil & Santina originally from USA, Wil was a Harley factory trouble shooter, he is very smart!! ) Lovely people!! I meet them racing Screaming' Eagle Harleys about 15 twenty years back.
Revalry Cycles have a Face Book page, check it out.

Offline Lakes

• V.I.P

• au Australia

What's the output wattage - volt's and Ah?
Motor
Bosch Motor Performance Line, 250W, 36V, max. 25 km/h/15 mph.

Battery
Bosch 36 V Li Ion, 400 Wh

If I want I can upgrade to a 500 battery but circa £300

Hi Lester, from Experience , I have owned two MTN E bikes first with 400WH  & one I have now ( have owned 4 years now ) with 500WH, you can go further, but the 500WH battery makes bike heavier, I have friends with 750WH and heavier again.
Bosch good motors, we have 300 members in group I ride with ( since COVID-19 we ride in groups of 20 ) we have all the different motors & all have proved to be reliable & perform about the same, some quieter than others.
I think in Australia not legal to have more than 25kph assistance .
you will love it!

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA

they all have stock 650, like you're pic. but Mick Withers the new owner of heavy duty magazine got I think mufflers air cleaner & he got Wil from Revalry Cycles at Burwood ( Sydney ) to fit a runner & load a map Wil made . Wil & his Lovely Wife Santina both know there stuff !! Santina has a Beautiful Enfied, it started out like the one in pic you posted. And Wil rebuilt & developed it, Santina started taking it to Sydney Dragway. they made it lighter & fitted a wheelie bar , plus I think slightly longer swingers to move rear wheel back a bit ( works in with wheelie bar for just drags ) they have CNC ported heads & S&S big bore ( 850cc ) S&S mufflers and they made the headers. also think Wil made a few other mods ( Wil & Santina originally from USA, Wil was a Harley factory trouble shooter, he is very smart!! ) Lovely people!! I meet them racing Screaming' Eagle Harleys about 15 twenty years back.
Hi Lakes, I wont be doing anything to extreme to the bike, the one in the picture is about the limit I'll go with styling.

I'll add the YSS fork kit and maybe change the rear shocks at some stage, I'll add a booster plug just to richen up the midrange after doing some Dustland rear cans and a DNA air filter kit, most of the items I can get via K-Speed Thailand for a fraction of what they're sold here and everything else through Hitchcocks Motorcycles in the UK

I've looked at the S&S 750 and 865 kits, they're nice though wont be doing anything like that for at least 3 years to keep the warranty.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2020, 11:42:10 by CraigB »

Offline Lakes

• V.I.P

• au Australia

Hi Lakes, I wont be doing anything to extreme to the bike, the one in the picture is about the limit I'll go with styling.

I'll add the YSS fork kit and maybe change the rear shocks at some stage, I'll add a booster plug just to richen up the midrange after doing some Dustland rear cans and a DNA air filter kit.

Craig all good, they are fine stock!
I've never ridden one but when I was up Wollongong before Christmas I was in Steel City cycles they sell Royal Enfield & Indian & the guy offered me a ride on one.
my friend who has a stock one said feels like an old Triumph he used to have.
yes think slip on mufflers & air cleaner , but if I had one and did that I would get Wil to download his map as friend who has it said the bike feels beautiful after that upgrade as Wil also programmed it for quick shifting no clutch & he spent a day on a dyne programming that map on stock motor with just slip on mufflers & air cleaner upgrade.

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA
Craig all good, they are fine stock!
I've never ridden one but when I was up Wollongong before Christmas I was in Steel City cycles they sell Royal Enfield & Indian & the guy offered me a ride on one.
my friend who has a stock one said feels like an old Triumph he used to have.
yes think slip on mufflers & air cleaner , but if I had one and did that I would get Wil to download his map as friend who has it said the bike feels beautiful after that upgrade as Wil also programmed it for quick shifting no clutch & he spent a day on a dyne programming that map on stock motor with just slip on mufflers & air cleaner upgrade.
Is the tune done via the Power Commander ECU upgrade? I did look at those as well but on a fairly stock bike didn't think worth it, nearly 1k for 3hp more than can be achieved with a $100 booster plug...torque from memory was equal.

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal